T5 tuning kit

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
craigk
Main scooter: Vespa PX 125

Hi all,

Are there any tuning kits for a T5 that work with the autolube?

Thanks in advance
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

I thought all the tuning kits work with autolube, it is only when you start messing with the carb that the autolube is disturbed/ affected. And a standard 24 SI/G carb can and does support approx 22hp+ using the T5 filter and convoluted hose to the frame.
craigk

B-Race Tuning wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:13 pm I thought all the tuning kits work with autolube, it is only when you start messing with the carb that the autolube is disturbed/ affected. And a standard 24 SI/G carb can and does support approx 22hp+ using the T5 filter and convoluted hose to the frame.
That's good to hear. The kits I've looked at don't actually mention if the autolube can be used. I want to keep the carb etc. as is, adding an exhaust/kit. Thanks, appreciate your reply
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Many have different opinions on 2 stroke oil percentage but when I was using autolube I always added 1% into the tank on my kitted T5.
craigk

paul d wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:09 am Many have different opinions on 2 stroke oil percentage but when I was using autolube I always added 1% into the tank on my kitted T5.
Ok, so the autolube will still work, but as you've said (depending on the kit) I will need to add some to the tank too. At least that confirms I don't have to disconnect it totally. Which is what I was concerned about, none of the kits I've looked at mention it! Thanks Paul
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information