led rear bulbs

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

I've put an led bulb in the rear light as they're supposed to be better/brighter......,no lights on,brake light comes on really bright.with the lights on ,press the brake pedal,you can't see the brake light :wtf: .this is the type I bought
.Is this the norm with a led bulb? or have I done something wrong? everything else works,headlight dip and full,speedo light,horn,no sidelight as I don't use it.
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

They're not very good, better suited to cars with multiple lamps.
Better to use the 'pillar' type with leds allround the lamp itself sideways as well as rearwards, even better to use those ones specifically made like the Lambretta BGM rear lamp assembly with multiple low profile leds.
marburys

Got a bgm one, Brilliant tail light and even better brake light
timexit17 wrote:They're not very good, better suited to cars with multiple lamps.
Better to use the 'pillar' type with leds allround the lamp itself sideways as well as rearwards, even better to use those ones specifically made like the Lambretta BGM rear lamp assembly with multiple low profile leds.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

They're fine if you have a battery fitted :-)
Donnie.
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

ah well lesson learned- buy cheap pay twice.looked on MBs site for the BGM type but he's sold out at the moment,so may just back to a standard bulb for now.thank you for your replies
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

I use the 36 LED bulbs that have several levels of leds not just the one face like yours. I always use the white ones so you still have a white numberplate light, Mr MOT man will jump on it if he has a bad day. (The red ones are no brighter) I also run Full DC so get the full brightness of the LEDS as they work on cars.
Yours sounds more like the Brake and tail are the wrong way round though.
tj hooker
Main scooter: jet 200

got the same bulb in mine. you need to swap the wires round mate
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Got same in mine. AC electronic. Works fine.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
coaster

As already mentioned, that is definately the wrong type for use on a Lambretta as it needs LEDs pointing sideways as well as backwards so that the reflector does its job. You may also have it wired the wrong way but it will never work properly. The BGM ones are great, I got mine from Corado (Just Lambretta) but they do need a bit of a fettle to the lamp housing if fitting to a GP (they replace the whole reflector and drop straight into an Li type housing).
operonalan
Main scooter: tv200

Agree with Tj Hooker wires need changing round in rear lamp...also there is no directional light from these bulbs backwards or sideways (they direct light only out of front of bulb) so using one renders your backlight reflector useless...normal 12v filament lamp with polished relector will be seen to be brighter by those following you which is what you want if you don`t want rear ending!!!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information