ts1 yamaha reed valve options

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tavspeed

hi chaps,i have what i think is a ts1 yamaha reed valve assembly,it has stainless steel reed petals,which i am wanting to replace,does anyone know the exact yamaha model which has compatable petals,rd350,rd350ypvs,banshee etc, i should be looking at,or any recommendations,and can you confirm i would need a 5mm packer to space it away from the boost port,cheers
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

I don't know which reeds are the best, most compact or economically priced, but, like you, the knowledge is out there & it would be good to have it shared.

What I can say is that any packing will be necessitated through the 'depth' of the reed assembly, bore diameter, boost port size radially & frame/inlet manifold proximity.

IMO it cannot be said that you will need a packer of 'x' thickness until all of those considerations. In any case, I end up making my own packers from Tufnol or alloy plate as I'm so used to having to fettle everything to fit that I buy, may as well accept that you've got to get the tools out..... :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information