Imola engine - Super Tourer or Race?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
User avatar
GTFOMWSC
registered user
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:49 pm
ebay user ID: itsthewillo
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned
Location: Rugby
Contact:

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 pm

Norrie Bodge wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm
GTFOMWSC wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:26 pm
Norrie Bodge wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:40 am
Anyone tried a Taffy mk4 on Imola ?
Or a TSR evo?
I reckon a converted Darrell Taylor evo would be a superb pipe for the imola,it works on a few other kits really well i have one on my super monza and its a really good pipe.
Converted Evo pipe?
What does he do likes m8??
changes the tailcan for one of his ones mine was done via Chris Sturgess,sounds great and definately improved perfomance
the man don't give a f@@k

Norrie Bodge
registered user
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am
Main scooter: 80-P220e/71-GP230/60-S2-Ts-230
Contact:

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm

GTFOMWSC wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:32 pm
Norrie Bodge wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:45 pm
GTFOMWSC wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:26 pm


I reckon a converted Darrell Taylor evo would be a superb pipe for the imola,it works on a few other kits really well i have one on my super monza and its a really good pipe.
Converted Evo pipe?
What does he do likes m8??
changes the tailcan for one of his ones mine was done via Chris Sturgess,sounds great and definately improved perfomance
Thinks I’ve seen those !
Cheers

holty
registered user
Posts: 848
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:52 pm
ebay user ID: amholt123
Main scooter: lambretta gp
Location: east yorkshire
Contact:

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 am

what is the difference with the end can, a bigger diameter baffle tube ?

User avatar
GTFOMWSC
registered user
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:49 pm
ebay user ID: itsthewillo
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned
Location: Rugby
Contact:

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 am

holty wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:48 am
what is the difference with the end can, a bigger diameter baffle tube ?
You'd have to ask him,think it's to do with stinger length as well.
the man don't give a f@@k

Norrie Bodge
registered user
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am
Main scooter: 80-P220e/71-GP230/60-S2-Ts-230
Contact:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Anyone running a Supertourer with a 30phbh & LI-150 box?
Or maybe Indian GP200 box?
Ifso what’s your sprocket setup & jetting plz

User avatar
GTFOMWSC
registered user
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:49 pm
ebay user ID: itsthewillo
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned
Location: Rugby
Contact:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm

Norrie Bodge wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 pm
Anyone running a Supertourer with a 30phbh & LI-150 box?
Or maybe Indian GP200 box?
Ifso what’s your sprocket setup & jetting plz
i did have that set up but changed the box to a close ratio 4 speed,when i had the li150 in it i had a 46 15 set up was stuck between a 15 and 16 front neither worked the best 1 was a pain uphill whereas the other was revving it's tits off at about 75mph.The super tourer was and still is used with the 30mm and didn't need to change the jetting for it.Have only used the scoot 4 times in the last year so can't remember the exact jetting but mine is a steel lined CS tuned 225 so unless yours is close to that the jetting will be different anyway.
the man don't give a f@@k

Norrie Bodge
registered user
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am
Main scooter: 80-P220e/71-GP230/60-S2-Ts-230
Contact:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 pm

GTFOMWSC wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm
Norrie Bodge wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 pm
Anyone running a Supertourer with a 30phbh & LI-150 box?
Or maybe Indian GP200 box?
Ifso what’s your sprocket setup & jetting plz
i did have that set up but changed the box to a close ratio 4 speed,when i had the li150 in it i had a 46 15 set up was stuck between a 15 and 16 front neither worked the best 1 was a pain uphill whereas the other was revving it's tits off at about 75mph.The super tourer was and still is used with the 30mm and didn't need to change the jetting for it.Have only used the scoot 4 times in the last year so can't remember the exact jetting but mine is a steel lined CS tuned 225 so unless yours is close to that the jetting will be different anyway.
This is all for a mates Imola
& he has the exact same issues m8 with 15-46 & 16-46
We can fit the Indian box to make use of the closer gap between 3rd & 4th
What’s your final drive mate on the close ratio?

User avatar
GTFOMWSC
registered user
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:49 pm
ebay user ID: itsthewillo
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned
Location: Rugby
Contact:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 pm

Norrie Bodge wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 pm
GTFOMWSC wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm
Norrie Bodge wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 pm
Anyone running a Supertourer with a 30phbh & LI-150 box?
Or maybe Indian GP200 box?
Ifso what’s your sprocket setup & jetting plz
i did have that set up but changed the box to a close ratio 4 speed,when i had the li150 in it i had a 46 15 set up was stuck between a 15 and 16 front neither worked the best 1 was a pain uphill whereas the other was revving it's tits off at about 75mph.The super tourer was and still is used with the 30mm and didn't need to change the jetting for it.Have only used the scoot 4 times in the last year so can't remember the exact jetting but mine is a steel lined CS tuned 225 so unless yours is close to that the jetting will be different anyway.
This is all for a mates Imola
& he has the exact same issues m8 with 15-46 & 16-46
We can fit the Indian box to make use of the closer gap between 3rd & 4th
What’s your final drive mate on the close ratio?
on the close ratio i went 46 19 think it was 5.2 works much better tbh noticed an imediate difference between 3rd & 4th and it pulls up hills as well and as i said didn't need to change any jetting
the man don't give a f@@k

Norrie Bodge
registered user
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am
Main scooter: 80-P220e/71-GP230/60-S2-Ts-230
Contact:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:43 pm

AF close ratio uses LI-150 pacemaker 1st & 2nd
& the 3rd & 4th from the Indian GP200
So 19x46 = 4.8 FD

We will give that a try I recon ;-)

Norrie Bodge
registered user
Posts: 444
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:49 am
Main scooter: 80-P220e/71-GP230/60-S2-Ts-230
Contact:

Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 pm

GTFOMWSC wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 pm
Norrie Bodge wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:26 pm
GTFOMWSC wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:11 pm


i did have that set up but changed the box to a close ratio 4 speed,when i had the li150 in it i had a 46 15 set up was stuck between a 15 and 16 front neither worked the best 1 was a pain uphill whereas the other was revving it's tits off at about 75mph.The super tourer was and still is used with the 30mm and didn't need to change the jetting for it.Have only used the scoot 4 times in the last year so can't remember the exact jetting but mine is a steel lined CS tuned 225 so unless yours is close to that the jetting will be different anyway.
This is all for a mates Imola
& he has the exact same issues m8 with 15-46 & 16-46
We can fit the Indian box to make use of the closer gap between 3rd & 4th
What’s your final drive mate on the close ratio?
on the close ratio i went 46 19 think it was 5.2 works much better tbh noticed an imediate difference between 3rd & 4th and it pulls up hills as well and as i said didn't need to change any jetting
Cheers m8, I thinks that’s 4.8 FD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests