Clubman exhaust recommendations?

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Lambretta GP 150 going on 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I ran a Casa 185 on a standard exhaust briefly. It was phenomenal. Like riding an automatic scooter, but very on, off. I'd stick with a clubman style for that. Some are quieter than others.

EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:11 pm

Are you running a standard airbox with the narrow neck restriction and standard air scoop? To get more gas out with a bigger exhaust you need to let more gas in, which means modifying your airbox, and modifying the air scoop.

If you're running a standard air intake, then there's not much point fitting a bigger exhaust. Standard is good (if you choose one of the better standard arrangements) as they are economical and reliable and nice to ride. The Sh1/20 is a great carb and good for up to about 185cc with a standardish exhaust.

johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:24 pm

if you are referring to my setup Eddie then yes I have tried the standard airbox with my 42mm clubman but I also have a foam filter that I intended to use with this exhaust I just haven't tried it yet. When the scoot has run briefly , it did seem to be a bit flat at WOT as if strangled or starved of fuel and air.

If and when I get the damn thing to run i'll try no filter , foam filter and airbox and compare . I also intend to try the standard box so I may have some feedback to add to this thread

paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:20 am

Hi Rosscia
The gearing is standard SX 4.8, carb is SH2/22 (again because it was there)
I've just built the same setup on my 1982 Jet 200 'cos I had all those spare parts. But as a starter, what main jet did you end up running with.
Thanks
Paul

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information