KMT products jets

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Mrnice71
ebay user ID: lambrettas11
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Anyone used jets from these or are they cheap rubbish ? There was an article in scootering about them but cant remember if they were ok or not regarding accuracy ...cheers

rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:36 pm

I've used them in PHBH, SH and SI carbs and they seem to be very good.

I've no way to physically gauge the accuracy though.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."

Mrnice71

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:22 pm

rosscla wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:36 pm
I've used them in PHBH, SH and SI carbs and they seem to be very good.

I've no way to physically gauge the accuracy though.
Saw this on Youtube https://youtu.be/VgNsdvku4Ig

timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:24 pm

After seeing this and having many KMT jets myself I ordered a few sizes from eurocarb (dellorto genuine) myself as well as an expensive needle gauge for these jets (PHBH main jet type).

I have only measured a couple of jets so far but interestingly both KMT and Dellorto originals seem to be too big for their marked sizes, by around 3 or 4, i.e. a 105 jet is actually 108+ on the gauge.

I'll do some more extensive testing ( I have every main jet from the low 90's to around 125 in KMT kits and a half dozen dellorto ones from the same range) when I get time and report back!

It's anew tool for me, so it might be something I'm doing, but we shall see!

Mrnice71

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:56 pm

timexit17 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:24 pm
After seeing this and having many KMT jets myself I ordered a few sizes from eurocarb (dellorto genuine) myself as well as an expensive needle gauge for these jets (PHBH main jet type).

I have only measured a couple of jets so far but interestingly both KMT and Dellorto originals seem to be too big for their marked sizes, by around 3 or 4, i.e. a 105 jet is actually 108+ on the gauge.

I'll do some more extensive testing ( I have every main jet from the low 90's to around 125 in KMT kits and a half dozen dellorto ones from the same range) when I get time and report back!

It's anew tool for me, so it might be something I'm doing, but we shall see!
Be interesting seeing the results .... :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information