Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I think you could level that accusation about any organisation frankly - I used to go to a fair amount of VVC and VMSC rallies, I knew pretty much all of their committee members too, you'd hardly have called them an elite though or me an elitist for being able to say hi and call them by their 1st names either! as if!
In all clubs someone has to do the work it is unpaid and I'm willing to bet a royal pain in the arse too, I don't see those people being power mad elitists -in fact if I discussed that sort of thing about person X at any rally (LCGB or national/international) with people that knew them they'd laugh their tits off frankly.
I do 'get' the fact that some people have an issue with individual committee members, but this is all a bit silly imho.
Nic

eden wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:32 pm Friends Nic?
Now you are being silly.

What you have said can be turned 180 degrees. I would love it if the committee proved me wrong by actually doing what they have told all of their members they have done... "tried everything to prevent going down the legal route" They haven't done the simplest thing which is contacting Gavin dirrectly.

But you will choose to ignore this simple fact. If I was still a LCGB member I would be asking them to show just what exactly they have done.

PS your assumption the unnamed "senior" member is an old committee member as far as I know would be incorrect. He did try to get on the committee a few years ago with a proposal about clubs winning the BSM getting a member auto installed on the committee but that idea was dismissed and then later a committee member made the accusation that it was I who raised that proposal.
You couldnt make it up lol
I didn't say he was a committee member. I referred to him as "senior" because of his long membership and achievements in the Club. It was a sign of respect for someone whose peerless commitment to a central part of the LCGB scooter-riding tradition is legendary - and possibly never to be repeated. Even better, he supports the LCGB's commitment to defend the continuity of its history from 1953 to the present day.

As for compromises, we have stated our position very clearly: the BLOA name is part of the LCGB's tradition and history. The BLOA imagery and all designs were assigned to the LCGB by Mike Karslake and we have documentary evidence to prove it. Any "compromise" starts from that premise. Nothing less will do. That's why it's for GF to pick up the phone.
Nic

eden wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:44 pm T
:( and that's why I won't be rejoining until that changes.
At least something good is coming out of all this
eden
Dealer

Nic wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:07 pm
It has nothing g to do with this.... I made the decision over 18 months ago.
,) lol
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

i still dont get who this "Committee " are anybody would think they are "Spectre" or some other fark force constantly trying to take over the world , only to be foiled at every juncture some old guy like me running round on a smoky old moped , thats not me saying im 007 either !

yes i know their names theyre in jetset . thats not what i mean. im not sure the membership wpuld like to be consulted by ballot about every issue either thats why individuals are elected to undertake certain roles .
im not sure about the elitist tag either that seems to be applied to the LCGB either AGms ,votes info published in the club ,magazine etc . it does strike me other organisations might fit that tag better i mean the BSRA its constantly refered to as the "number ones " meeting . whereas its more a cartel of interested parties when did the average px with flipover back rest rider get a say ?
from what i read on the IPO site there were certain time scales that had to be adhered to as part of the objection process so getting a ballot out to membership waiting for returns counting etc may not have been feasable .
the best way to affect change in an organisation is to be a voice from within said organisation , there are some well known possibly controversial names here with ideas theres a route to the top of LCGB , just think Trump fooled a nation , you only have to convince 5000 members that your position is worth their support
Nic

eden wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:18 pm
,) lol
The operative word is "rejoining"....
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Nic wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:16 am

,) lol
surely it's "apply" to rejoin............nothing should be taken for granted... :?
yozzer
Main scooter: gp200

eden wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:18 pm What I would like to know is why is a person not on the LCGB committee doing the negotiations for LCGB?
Surely this situation leaves any negotiations open to being denied as official communication by the LCGB.

Odd way to go about negotiating something the LCGB say they are passionate about.

If I was Gavin I would insist I spoke to someone with an official position on the committee rather than someone the committee can later say had no official capacity to negotiate on their behalf.
lol i new exactly who you meant and was wondering the same thing.
eden
Dealer

mick1 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:19 am

,) lol
surely it's "apply" to rejoin............nothing should be taken for granted... :?
Memberships are dealt with by an outside company these days.
But your comment suggests picking and choosing who is allowed to join. Another reason you can take it for granted that I won't be applying to rejoin.
Toe the line or your not welcome? Just as I always knew, but thanks for confirming it publicly :)
Nic

eden wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:43 am
mick1 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:19 am

Memberships are dealt with by an outside company these days.
But your comment suggests picking and choosing who is allowed to join. Another reason you can take it for granted that I won't be applying to rejoin.
Toe the line or your not welcome? Just as I always knew, but thanks for confirming it publicly :)
As you know Eden, I'm not a member of the LCGB committee, so I really have no idea whatsoever as to how they might consider an application from you to rejoin.

Purely personally, my view, based on observations of your posts about the LCGB in recent months, is the that you would be far happier in whatever outfit is concocted by GF over the coming months.

What you do next is up to you. As "our Graham" used to say in Blind Date: "the decision is yours..."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information