Repair custom pipe chromed ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Simonwwfc26

Can custom chromed exhaust be repaired tiny pin hole , also what other exhaust would suit a high tuned rb250 engine running 36bhp .
Just worried how thin the exhaust metal is when the hybrid pipe was made it’s a franspeed / micron one off
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Simonwwfc26 wrote:what other exhaust would suit a high tuned rb250 engine running 36bhp .
NK or ADS tour pipes for rally riding, or Franspeed race for performance. But fitting any of these will ruin the look of the custom scooter it’s fitted to. As I recall the engine was 32hp, but I can check.
Simonwwfc26 wrote:
Just worried how thin the exhaust metal is when the hybrid pipe was made it’s a franspeed / micron one off
Its a Franspeed race front section, KTM belly and DJ style end-can. How thin do you think it is?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Advanced automotive sytems in bells close, Newcastle repaired the cracks in my plated bgm clubman with TIG and it was almost invisible. He said he thought it wouldn't work as it was so thin but it actually took him about 5 minutes. Worth calling round if you're anywhere oop north. I'm sure he's not the only guy in Britain who can do it but he's the only one I have experience of.
Simonwwfc26

I’m just wondering dan if it can be repaired or will it have to be replaced with a new pipe . I didn’t think a hole would appear in the weld line so soon if only been out on it for a hour tops
Simonwwfc26

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:34 am
Simonwwfc26 wrote:what other exhaust would suit a high tuned rb250 engine running 36bhp .
NK or ADS tour pipes for rally riding, or Franspeed race for performance. But fitting any of these will ruin the look of the custom scooter it’s fitted to. As I recall the engine was 32hp, but I can check.
Simonwwfc26 wrote:
Its a Franspeed race front section, KTM belly and DJ style end-can. How thin do you think it is?
Plus only going by Vinny’s dyno report he showed me .
He reckoned it was also capable of low 40s on dyno
drunkmunkey6969

Simonwwfc26 wrote: He reckoned it was also capable of low 40s on dyno
As I say, only going off memory.

32 or 36? Yes...one of those is about right.

Low 40s? No.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Simonwwfc26

Dan could you repair the exhaust if I got it couriered to you ? As don’t want to change if that’s my last resort but now I’ve got it all registered etc and had custom leather leg shield covers made to stop any scratches I’d like to take it out on sunny dry days .
drunkmunkey6969

Simonwwfc26 wrote:Dan could you repair the exhaust if I got it couriered to you ? As don’t want to change if that’s my last resort but now I’ve got it all registered etc and had custom leather leg shield covers made to stop any scratches I’d like to take it out on sunny dry days .
No, busy with the Mag.

Try Advanced automotive sytems in bells close, Newcastle as quoted by others

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information