Mugello 186 or RT 195 ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Beefbops
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 125

Guys what’s your thoughts on the Mugello 186 and RT 195, pros and cons ?
Putting on LI 125.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

The Mugello kit seemed a bit rougher to me than the RT, which is a nicely finished kit. Which is not to say that the Mugello won't go just as well of course. The only thing you need to look out for is that the Mugello has had several different versions.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

RT 195 every time. I’ve built both and the RT is so much nicer made in my opinion, for a start there’s that wonderfully made billet drop in head with 4 additional fixing bolts (only three with the current Mugello) + you get longer barrel studs and extended head nuts with the kit (which you don’t with the Mugello) They even provide a couple of alloy packers, the only thing you don’t get is a head gasket which to be honest was a bit of a ball ache as you have to order separate.
The Mugello on the other hand had quite a large transfer port area which wasn’t an ideal fit to the Italian case I was fitting it to, the three supplied base gaskets were not a great fit either and I had to resort to using one of the gaskets left over from an RT build to get a satisfactory fit. I rang cam lam to try and sort this out but found them quite unhelpful......on the other hand Luke at MB couldn’t have been more helpful with the RT kits.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Yes, just on the basis of my own experience I'd say the RT is probably the best kit out there.
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

What about the Gran turismo 186 or the max quitrini 210 that would be my choice on a small block
Scooterdude

Heard absolutely no feed back anywhere apart from SULK on the Quattrini kit so I’m guessing nobody has actually bought one yet?
Beefbops

Scooterdude, what other parts did you use ?
Scooterdude

What do you mean what other parts did I use?
Beefbops

Yes mate, carb, crank, gearbox etc etc
Scooterdude

28 Delortto PHBH, 60/110 Pro Porting crank, 3 mm base packer with a 2mm head gasket. One was a standard Italian LI 150 gearbox and sprockets I heard he was getting over 70 no problem. Another has a standard 125 box but 18/47 chain and sprockets. All fitted with Anthony Tambs electrics etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information