Shims and things .

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Could someone please clear up a small anomaly for me .

I cannot find the original shim washer that I need to fit to the gear cluster beneath the clutch sprocket .
Looking in Stickys 1st edition in the engine shim ID chart the 'gear cluster shims' lower shim and the top 'clutch sprocket' shims are shown with a 16mm internal diameter ? :?

My gear cluster shaft has a top journal diameter of 18mm ??? presumably the sticky chart was wrong
I assume that the shim or shims should be placed against the end plate bearing before the rear sprocket and 2x needle bearings are fitted .

ok I found some for sale at beeds and ordered a range of sizes ;)
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

its usually 0.7 thick and it needs to go in or when you tighten the clutch nut it all locks up
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

garry inglis wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:30 pm its usually 0.7 thick and it needs to go in or when you tighten the clutch nut it all locks up
yes I know I need to fit a shim Gary I just couldn't understand the shim sizing in Sticky. It has to be a typo .

I ordered a range of sizes from 0.6 to 1.2mm as they are only 90p each. ;) Then minutes later I found my original shim . Isn't it always the way !
I'm following Marks rebuild guide on MB Dev . Its an excellent guide very detailed with meticulous attention to detail. Marks guides are always my first port of call .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information