Does anyone grease there rollers with this or do they go in dry ..??

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
scooterslag

I normally put a really thin layer of grease on the rollers when I change them, Can't say I've noticed any ill-effect of doing this on any of the auto's I've owned
The mack daddy on the left!
coaster

I've done literally thousands of miles (about 50k miles) on my GTS, gets used and abused daily in mixed town and motorway riding. Lost count of the belts and rollers it's had but I've never used grease, why would you, the rollers are made of Teflon :? I would have thought that grease would encourage dust from the belt to stick to the rollers which would not be good for performance.
TED CRUD

Roll sets from POLINI and MALOSSI are treated with high quality PTFE and can be installed dry. Theoretically. Regardless, due to experience, we recommend rubbing each roll lightly with Vario Grease The advantages are even smoother shifting - even when rolls are no longer perfectly round - longer life for your rolls and better maintenance: when installed dry, black dust collects in the variator and is extremely difficult to remove! If rolls are lightly smeared with grease, they much easier to remove dirt.
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
TED CRUD

that`s what it says on the tin
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information