Customer service - not

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Hmm. I suppose I should have remembered that a short search of my recent posts might have revealed the name in question.

I was fuming with that response last night particularly because it was after hours when I'd spent quite a bit of time trying to get through in hours.

Problem is I still have to try to deal with them as I suspect they might be the only ones in the UK that stocked that stuff.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Donnie wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:58 pm
Adam_Winstone wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:09 pm Ditto to all those that you've listed Timbo
Problem being that one of those listed is the very one Rosscia is posting about. :shock: :shock:
That's a shame as I've always had good service from those on that list, with me thinking of only one time that I've been disappointed by a product that one from that list supplied me with... and that wasn't fit for purpose.

Adam
wayne cudine
Main scooter: Lambretta Lis150 Eibar series2

Timbo wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:58 am I know we all share a very expensive hobby and money is tight but I would always prefer to pay a little extra for great and guaranteed service rather than search around for the cheapest item. Some of the newer smaller dealers understand this for example Mke at Torbay Lambretta and good deals to be had from Martin at justlambretta. The bigger ones for me include MB, CamLam and Scootopia plus Scootercentre in Germany.
I'd like to add Lambretta re/store to that list, had an order with them that didn't show up so I rang Pat the owner and explained the situation to him, he couldn't have been more helpful and as it was in the morning he had the order re-packed and sent out the same day what more could be asked for 10/10 for customer service.
compass

I have used Torbay twice in the last couple of months and delighted with service. Its the service everyone expects nowadays, quick (delivery next day), efficient, polite, helpful (has called me twice to check my order was correct) with reasonable prices .

I afraid some are stuck in the 1970s with their attitude towards customers and when they do eventually go out of business which will be because others have taken advantage of their failings. They will be quick to blame the economy, Brexit, painful customers, any reason but themselves and the day the government banned smoking in pubs. :D

I hate poor service and would rather pay more for reasons stated. Maybe be a competition for best uk dealer 2017? May help standards ?
chippy

compass wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:28 am I have used Torbay twice in the last couple of months and delighted with service. Its the service everyone expects nowadays, quick (delivery next day), efficient, polite, helpful (has called me twice to check my order was correct) with reasonable prices .

I afraid some are stuck in the 1970s with their attitude towards customers and when they do eventually go out of business which will be because others have taken advantage of their failings. They will be quick to blame the economy, Brexit, painful customers, any reason but themselves and the day the government banned smoking in pubs. :D

I hate poor service and would rather pay more for reasons stated. Maybe be a competition for best uk dealer 2017? May help standards ?
Same here, nice bloke, quick and efficient. Last order i did came next day and i did not order it till afternoon before
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Update:

I got through on the phone this afternoon and discussed the problem with them directly. I have to say the guy I spoke to could not have been more helpful and they are sending me out the missing part.

I guess my initial reaction was the frustration of being held up.

Moving on... 8-)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information