Fitting LTH clutch - order?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Got my LTH clutch today and had a good look at it then realised I had taken all the plates out without checking order to put them back together!

Can anyone tell me the order they go?

Cheers
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Exactly the same as a standard Lambretta clutch, pressure plate, friction plate, steel, friction plate, steel, etc, finished with the top plate and circlip. Top plate isn't chamfered like a normal lambretta top plate.
alanscottj

Minority wrote:Exactly the same as a standard Lambretta clutch, pressure plate, friction plate, steel, friction plate, steel, etc, finished with the top plate and circlip. Top plate isn't chamfered like a normal lambretta top plate.
Cheers Minority, I thought it would be, but always think it's best to check :D
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Lovely clutch by the way, everything fits nicely and works well. I think you'll love it ;)
alanscottj

Minority wrote:Lovely clutch by the way, everything fits nicely and works well. I think you'll love it ;)
Yup, fitted and quick spin around the block (raining so took it easy) and first thoughts are fantastic, nice and light and no creep at all - which is what I was trying to cure from my old clutch.

Only problem is - I thought it odd that you can't fit a tab washer so I just used a good bit of lactate on the nut - then, after I had buttoned up the casing and put it back together - I found the little allen bolt on the shed floor! It can wait for now - had enough! :lol:
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Did the retaining clip fit well? All the recent kits I've had were supplied with a clip that seemed quite a few mm short, leaving one end unsecured in use and you can't use a standard one because the LTH one is 2mm thick. My own [about 5 years old] has a clip that fits fine. I've emailed LTH to see what they've got to say.
alanscottj

corrado wrote:Did the retaining clip fit well? All the recent kits I've had were supplied with a clip that seemed quite a few mm short, leaving one end unsecured in use and you can't use a standard one because the LTH one is 2mm thick. My own [about 5 years old] has a clip that fits fine. I've emailed LTH to see what they've got to say.
On reflection I think it was ok - will check it when i open her up tomorrow to put a wavey washer under the clutch nut :D
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

corrado wrote: I've emailed LTH to see what they've got to say.
They didn't appear to think that it's an issue whether the ends are supported or not.
gaz_powell

Definitely open up......lactate is not a good locking aid.........
alanscottj

gaz_powell wrote:Definitely open up......lactate is not a good locking aid.........
Haha! Yes, I did notice that - just for the record - she has a nut, a wavey washer and Loctite holding her together :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information