RT225 VHSH 30 Dellorto

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

I'm currently running a 25 PHBL Dellorto on the RT225 with a Scootopia Clubman. It's a nice kit and performs well up to the mid 60's. I've heard good reports of the 30mm VHSH but will it make much of an imporovment on the top end and overall performance without using too much fuel? I've heard they are good on fuel as well. I don't want to be hammering on at 80 mph and holding on for dear life but I also don't want to be overtaken by a P2 with a SIP pipe on.
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

In my standard ts1 went from 20hp to 21.5hp by changing up from a 30 phbh to a 30 vhsh. However, in my case I had a Franspeed expansion pipe on. In your case, the carb upgrade would be extremely limited if you kept your current exhaust which is limiting your rev range. As for fuel, I'm getting around 10 miles per litre
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I have the RT225 and ran it with a 26 delly, there was a vast improvement wnen I switched to a 28. I have the BGM clubman.
Lambretta Sash
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta TV 230

My rt220 jl4 with vhsh worked very well many yrs ago. 20.5 hp with nice spread of power to pull 70 mph
Id go with vhsh and possibly look at pipe if you want sail past P2's
mawso

Better on fuel would be a 28 VHST, I'm planning on using one on a 230, I have a 30VHSH for sale if you are interested?
Lamaddict

^ yes could be interested in the Carb.

Just had the scoot out. Sitting up, riding along a very flat, long road with a slight side wind, it topped out at 66MPH (GPS speed). It felt smooth and was easy zipping along at about 60MPH/GPS before and after that. The timing is 17 and the jetting is okay, squish is 1.35, no air leaks etc. I've a standard TV175 that would not be far from that! I also had a GT186 with a 25 Dellorto and Clubman that was about the same. I've also had fast standard and tuned GP200 iron barrels, the tuned SIL 215 was quicker 75 MPH (GPS). I thinking the RT225 is still a good good kit but suits a bigger carb. Like I say, I'm not interested in doing 80MPH + but I also don't want to be overtaken by a P2 with a SIP or BGM pipe on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information