ScootRS has it gone or not?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
mawso

There was a lot of talk last year that people hadn't received parts and refunds were going to be given, but then some weren't.

Their site hasn't been updated for months and the same with their Facebook page. Is that it then, have they gone?

Their disc hubs were pretty good and I wanted to order another along with some other atomic bits...reed valve, clutch spider, etc? What's happened to all their stock, has it been unloaded anywhere? I know a few scooter related people in Thailand, we've just spent a month out there meeting some of them and they haven't heard anything either, they'd mentioned bits about Scomadi coming though, so they have their ears to the ground on most stuff. Wondered if anyone knew anything if they're coming back or that's it...Randall's last post on his FB page about racist Europeans gave the impression he was wound up a bit too tight.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm sure I've read somewhere that his marriage had broken up. It seems that he, being an American, isn't allowed to own a business in Vietnam, and that it was in his wife's name. So you can see the obvious problems there. This might just be scurrilous gossip for all I know. But he doesn't seem to have surfaced recently.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

i have emailed them numerous times over the last 6-months but no reply?
even used google translate to put my email in Vietnamese...
but again nothing??

A shame some really good stuff to be had from them too
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I placed a trade order with them in Feb 2016 but despite several emails got no reply so I eventually gave up on them. Try asking Pat at Saigon scooter centre, I think he has "previous" with Randall. :o
Norrie Bodge

Just received this email reply from Pat at SSC

Dear sir
Scootrs folded after the VN New Year holidays last year. What parts are you looking for?
Regards, Pat.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

That's a pity. Some people have spent a bit of money with them lately, and I suppose there is no way of knowing where that went. I do think it's a bit naughty the web site still being there.
fluff34567

VN new year was on Feb 8th 2016 and Jan 28th 2017. From message above it sounds that the business been down for a year
mawso

What's happened to all the stock. Quite liked the Atomic range...in the past direct from them I've got a mini reed, a CDI, pressure cast internal disc hub, Atomic clutch spider/basket, oil sight level, blah, blah. The remade disc hubs are very good, I was after another. If his stock and business was in his ex wife's name he might not have been able to claim any of it. Not seen any of it pop up for sale yet though.
Norrie Bodge

Same here
I've had x2 anti dive disc brakes, x2 atomic spiders, deep clutch pressure plate & an array of stainless bits
Lamaddict

Yes, it's a shame I've spent a lot with them over the years. I guess the now high dollar value hasn't helped them recently. I stopped using them about a year, I kept getting alsorts of hassle over the shipping, pay for everything then getting another email asking for more money for shipping, I just got feed up with them. I learnt over the years which were their good and not so good parts. I've now found Scootopia have a similar style website and good prices a bit like the Scootrs approach. Plenty of other good shops about in the U.K. now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information