S1 final touches on my holiday. Old advert painting.

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Supereibar

I am in vacation since Thursday:
Since I have a couple of days off, I aim to prepare my lass' scoot for the Eibar meet up next weekend.
Its been a while since I've been trying to source a set of good s2 RUSTO potential side pannels to build an official dealership Lambretta Locomociones Scooter.
Here are some S2 sidepannels I sourced not too long ago. (Don't as about the golden SX200 side pannels ontop, they were sold in two seconds):
These pannels will eventually be for my own personal daily rider rustoration (to be shown in a near future). But so far, why not tuck them into my lass' scoot?
Anyway, looking through some of my period collection of Lambretta era news, I found the old address of Lambretta Locomociones Barcelona:
So I called my mate Frankie, who is a Pro. Painter, to guide me through the unknown world of old school advertise making, with real paint.
First I needed some serious practice, since its been so long I haven’t touch a brush.
Then the tracing. My lass helped me to trace, she on one side of the sidepannel with a pencil and me on the other. When we bumped into each other arm, we knew the sidepannel was done tracing:
Then in the morning the hardest part came. Actually placing the paint into what I traced. Very hard, specially with the “C’s” and “O’s”. Done in 9hrs of work:
Next day, it was time for the shadows. The panel changes so much with a bit of black round the big letters. No shadow is needed in the word “Lambretta” since there is a crease under the word:
Finally I thought I would give a special touch to the S1 mudguard. It definitely would look better in black than in multicolour:
Dell Oughta

wow those panals look great (perhaps needs the writing dulling /rubbing down a little to match patina of the paint) keep us posted on your efforts 8-)

Mike
Supereibar

Thanks a lot Mike for your praise.
May I get a better description of what you mean exactly? I don't quite understand. I am about to laquer it to protect the painting from scratches etc. The paint is very brittle I just notticed. One of the sidepannels fell to the floor and got a bit scratched on one of the letters..

Jaime
Dell Oughta

Supereibar wrote:Thanks a lot Mike for your praise.
May I get a better description of what you mean exactly? I don't quite understand. I am about to laquer it to protect the painting from scratches etc. The paint is very brittle I just notticed. One of the sidepannels fell to the floor and got a bit scratched on one of the letters..

Jaime
Exactly that, a few scrathes here and there, scuff marks and chips (nothing too severe), something to make it looks like its always been there
Supereibar

Some more piccies I took this morning:
Tonight I laquered them. Tomorrow I will install the front mudguard as well :)
sean brady scooters
Dealer

i love it............... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Supereibar

sean brady scooters wrote:i love it............... :D
After the many hours I spent is nice to know that it suits your high standards Sean :D :D :D

Regards,

J.
ArKaTxU
Dealer
Main scooter: TV175 64-Jet200 68-Jet200 82

Very nice Jaime!

**Joder tio, esta de puta madre, muy muy guapos! vas a Eibar con la S1? Queda muy retro, muy bien tio!
fajes

really love that! but some minor schratches and chips would really finish it off! :)

maybe someday I'll see it in real life when I'm in Barcelona to get some more tattoos! :D
wine for my men, we ride at dawn!
soullad
Dealer

Looks great Jaime, really period.
don't forget to post up a pic when the mudguard is on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information