TS1 225 Kits - advice please

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Strummer10
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Special 225

Guys........with the TS1 225 kits

1/ what is the significance of using the new AF cylinder head 9.5.1 ? Does this increase compression or the opposite ?

2/ Would a BGM clubman version 3 work ok with the above kit of hinder performance.

I'm thinking of running it on a standard Italian GP 200 gearbox and sprocket set up, but should this also be changed. Was thinking a hybrid between a touring set up and around town
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Strummer10 wrote:Guys........with the TS1 225 kits

1/ what is the significance of using the new AF cylinder head 9.5.1 ? Does this increase compression or the opposite ?

2/ Would a BGM clubman version 3 work ok with the above kit of hinder performance.

I'm thinking of running it on a standard Italian GP 200 gearbox and sprocket set up, but should this also be changed. Was thinking a hybrid between a touring set up and around town

1) The 9.5:1 head will increase compression if you currently have an 8.5:1 head, or decrease compression if you have a 10.5:1 head.
2) Yes it would work OK, it would increase performance compared to an AF Clubman, or decrease performance compared to a decent touring expansion chamber.

All things are relative.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Strummer10

Cheers.......no head yet as kick being considered for purchase. Would like an expansion pipe tbh but want to retain standard looks, considering a clubman type exhaust what's the best out there would you say for the set up i'm after ?
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

A few recommend the bgm clubman and have had good results. I don't know anyone who has used a Gori with a TS but I've got one on my iron barrel and it's fantastic.im using a JL3 curly on my TS which tucks away quite tidy and that's a great pipe.
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: 1) The 9.5:1 head will increase compression if you currently have an 8.5:1 head, or decrease compression if you have a 10.5:1 head.
2) Yes it would work OK, it would increase performance compared to an AF Clubman, or decrease performance compared to a decent touring expansion chamber.

All things are relative.
As Dan and others have has said on here in other threads, a good clubman will be better than a cheap s**t expansion, a good expansion p****s all over a good clubman....and they sound better !! :lol:
Strummer10

Yes agreed a clubman won't meet the same as an expansion, but I was thinking of keeping it standard looks :roll:
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Backing up what Dan says. AF used to offer 2 heads one was 8.5 to 1 compression and they also did a skimmed version of this that was 9.5 to 1. They recommend the 9.5 version for the TS1 & RB.
Strummer10

Cheers for the reply. Next question is there any difference in fitting a crank with a longer stroke.....'real benefits' over the standard stroke crank ?
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Longer stroke or longer conrod?
Longer stroke = more cc (e.g. your 225cc would become a 230cc using a 60mm stroke)
Longer conrod = smoother engine (and easier to play with packers/gaskets to get the port timings you want)
Strummer10

Cheers Minority................I guess it would be beneficial to have both ? therefore on a TS1 what would be optimium would it be a 115 conrod ? and can you recommend who does a crank that would fit the bill ? cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information