Gori GP50 or JL Snail ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

soosh wrote:What topend is it again?
I was expecting mine to be loud but it's not too bad at all,certainly louder than my old clubman but not excessive. You got a big exhaust port?
You certainly had a Friday afternoon pipe but at least you got a bit knocked off it.
It's an early Mugello 186 bored to 64.5 mm and ceramic lined 61/115 crank and some porting work by Harry so am guessing the exhaust port is bigger than normal.

Just been for a ride in the sun, ears are really ringing now and getting a headache may put the Scootopia back on for the weekend it's friggin horrible to be honest.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Scooterdude wrote:
soosh wrote:What topend is it again?
I was expecting mine to be loud but it's not too bad at all,certainly louder than my old clubman but not excessive. You got a big exhaust port?
You certainly had a Friday afternoon pipe but at least you got a bit knocked off it.
It's an early Mugello 186 bored to 64.5 mm and ceramic lined 61/115 crank and some porting work by Harry so am guessing the exhaust port is bigger than normal.

Just been for a ride in the sun, ears are really ringing now and getting a headache may put the Scootopia back on for the weekend it's friggin horrible to be honest.
That's bad news. Any chance of recording it and putting out on YouTube please?

One man's noisy is another man's acceptable. And I generally don't mind noisy exhausts but everyone has their limits.
Scooterdude

Ok eventually got the jetting sorted out by using an x7 needle and AV 267 atomiser runs a treat.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Nice at low speeds and small throttle openings?
Scooterdude

hendy wrote:Nice at low speeds and small throttle openings?
Yes it seems perfectly fine to me no flat spots or anything. Went out on it yesterday with a friend on a tv175 (the one I built for him) on a jettex22 and mine used considerably less fuel, wasn't holding back either!
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

great news.
dave411

how about the noise?
Scooterdude

dave411 wrote:how about the noise?
It's unbearable it's not just the volume it's the high pitched "ring ting tininus" sounds absolutely dreadful.
dave411

Scooterdude wrote:
dave411 wrote:how about the noise?
It's unbearable it's not just the volume it's the high pitched "ring ting tininus" sounds absolutely dreadful.
s**t,mines away being coated,hope its not like that.When did you buy yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scooterdude

Bought it about two weeks ago from Rimini, what coating are you having done? And have you tried fitting it yet? If not you may be in for a spot of cutting and re welding!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information