headlight reflector replacement

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
mr mugello

headlight reflector
mr mugello

I have taken off the old worn reflector from the glass. Just want to replace the reflector. Is there several remade available ? If so which is the one to go for ? Mine is CEV marked original,with grey junction box on an Italian LI Special. Thanks
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

It can be done, but personally I wouldn't bother. It's a pain in the arse. Just buy yourself a replacement unit from Scootopia. Absolutely perfect replacements in my opinion, and a good price too.
mr mugello

Mines the original marked innocenti glass type. No stock with scootopia. I heated in oven for few minutes to soften glue. Virtually fell out. Just want to keep as much of original parts as I can. Only slight yellowing on glass itself, the reflector chrome is well worn away.
mr mugello

Been watching Scootopia for new stock for months. Told end of October. Now Christmas!
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

torbay lambretta has them
mr mugello

Thanks
mate ?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Had this problem with mine, tried a remade one that went back as it was nowhere near close ended up getting a NOS reflector from Marco at Scooter Emporium. Not cheap but there again it's a Lambretta.
mr mugello

Not straight forward I know with getting the remade parts to match. Bought new sx headlight rim that won't fit well, gaps showing. Will probably have to end up replacing whole unit. The scootopia ones do look good .
Micky Tapp
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Can you get the reflector re coated, silvered chromed or whatever the coating is? I have an orig glass on my GP and would not want to replace with a remade, had one before from reputable source and one of lugs broke immediately!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information