Remade Vietnamese side panel SX

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
coaster

Doom Patrol wrote:Yes, there's GRP Scooter Products. They have a good reputation. There is also someone called Mark Hodges or Hodgkins who calls himself Scooter Fibre Future on FB. Something like that. I know he does the SX panels and is worth looking up.
Cheers DP 8-)
mr mugello

Just an update having received the panels. I can't get the handles to fit onto the new/remade sx panels .Length slightly too short by a 2 or 3 mm. My originals handles and roller are off my early LI special panels (screw on alloy handle) which have a fixed metal tube welded into sidepanel bracket. The remade panels do not have the metal tube. I thought they would be simply a straight swap. Are the later handles without the old type roller needed ? Thanks
mr mugello

storkfoot wrote:I have just bought a set of Italian SX200 panels from JB Tuning. To me, they appear better quality than the Vietnamese ones I have seen.
can you tell me if you could fit these with the early roller type handles or you needed to use later black plastic type ?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I haven't got that far yet but give me a few days and I'll give it a go. I have Scootopia remade earlier wheel type handles.
mr mugello

Do your JB panels have the tube fitted in the handle bracket that slighty protudes on outside of panel ?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

My remade ones have no tubes either. I am not sure that any of the made ones have the tube. I too have a slight issue with my handles:

I am sure I can be creative to get round it though.
mr mugello

Well, your on the right side, couldn't fit mine even without the wavy steel washer. Would like to know if later production they done away with the tube, before they even done away with handles ? I think that steel wavy washer needs to be on inside of panel, if fitting with tube type. Someone put us right , there must be also paintwork rubbing issues with alloy handle without tube. Do the later type black plastic ( instead of white roller)with nylon washer need to be fitted with Nylon washer between handle and outer sidepanel ?
roli-olo

Stickys book page 182 says there are 3 versions two of these use a tube the last version did not have a tube.
My '65 special has a black nylon washer.
mr mugello

For the last type of Italian handles they made,should the Nylon washer be correctly fitted on the outside or inside of panel ?
roli-olo

Outside on my special.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information