LED headlight modules

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
warts
Main scooter: honda

The previous scooterotica discussion thread seems to have got itself lost, so I can't add this there. Here is some additional stuff people may find helpful.
https://www.amazon.com/Evitek-Headlight ... B017M566T4
Its is a 4500lumens unit. Consumption is claimed to be 40w, which should leave enough output to power other stuff.

The discussion goes on here http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/d ... t-30427784 and post #32 shows the beam pattern on both high and low beam.

Google provided the amazon vendor address in the US, obviously they are all made in China where ever you get them from.

What is nice is that this one is cheaper than the previous one that was recommended to me. Still not dirt cheap, but within <this much> of a reasonable HID - maybe even just plug and play into an H4 socket.

Usual disclaimers - no afiliation,
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Interesting. It is a shame that the Lambretta headlight socket is not already compatible (I know it can be modified to suit).

The thing is, that in a year or two, these lamps will be under £10 each.

Thanks for sharing.
Martin
coaster

I would have liked to see the beam pattern on the road rather than against a garage door.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

But look at the size! At 3.5 inches long I don't think you could get it to fit in a lammy headlight.
warts

The actual fitting surface is about 1/2 way along, behind that is the fan and control board. The forward projection is much the same as a halogen - its the same on most LED's, so as you would be changing the bulb holder anyway, would that still be an impediment?
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

coaster wrote:I would have liked to see the beam pattern on the road rather than against a garage door.
this! I bet the "sharp cutoff" aint so sharp with a road beam pattern.
Donnie.
Honeymonster

Also, the built in beam restrictor is for LHD cars to dip to the right.
warts

The Cyclops LED module has no kick on dip, so the module has been designed to work for both LH and RH side riding.
I asked this AM, the guy got back to me this evening - shocking I had to wait 8 hours for a reply.
From this company http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3 ... _p_83.html
coaster

I have o doubt that this is a quality LED lamp but as with the HID units, they will only be effective if used in conjunction with a modern clear lens reflector. The Lambretta 'reeded' lenses will scatter the light all over the place. Also, the light output quoted in their spec is less than an HID and the current consumption is higher.
coaster

I have o doubt that this is a quality LED lamp but as with the HID units, they will only be effective if used in conjunction with a modern clear lens reflector. The Lambretta 'reeded' lenses will scatter the light all over the place. Also, the light output quoted in their spec is less than an HID and the current consumption is higher.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information