sun baked scooters

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rob1273

I'm new to scooter world and could do with some advice. I live in Crete for a few months each year as I have a house out there, recently ive started importing vintage vw's to the uk and ive been offered a few lambrettas. I am currently importing a 1978 vw panel van and when I went to view it the guy had a 1968 lambretta Li150 in his barn, I got him to to throw the scooter in as part of the deal. I am talking to a scooter repair shop in the east of the island, the guy has 2x TN175 lambrettas, a 1958 and a 1963. I thought these were sold as TV175 but they have official Lambretta logos in the paint work with TN175. Ive got pictures. I may keep one of the 175 as a run about in crete. I would appreciate any help to see if its worth me carting these across Europe.

cheers Rob
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

TN175?

Have to see that one. Please post some photos.
rob1273

Hi Grumpy,just trying to navigate this site from tap talk but here we go..ImageImage

The red is 1958 the blue is 63. see the TN175 on bodywork of blue one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

The "red" one - 1958? Unless it's had a few modifications that's a Series 2 which wasn't manufactured before 1959.

The blue certainly appears to be a TV.

What they are will be indicated by the stamped frame number on the main tube not what someone has painted on the panel.

Worth checking that before shipping to the UK.
Did you have to do that?
rob1273

This was exactly the sort of info I need to learn fast. These guys always say older as they think it ups the price. I will ask them to send me frame numbers. Do engine numbers and frame number match on scooters?

rob1273

This is the li150 I got him to chuck in as part of a dealImageImageImageImage

DigDug

rob1273 wrote:This was exactly the sort of info I need to learn fast. These guys always say older as they think it ups the price. I will ask them to send me frame numbers. Do engine numbers and frame number match on scooters?
Italian built Lambretta's do not have matching numbers - it's the frame number that's important as is ensuring that there are no signs of any tampering with it.

A lot of Spanish built Lambretta's, Eibar or Serveta, had matching numbers. Not a major balls ache if they don't but it's quite desirable for aficionados of said scooters to want them to match.
Did you have to do that?
rob1273

What do think of the Li? He said it was driving back in the 90's when it was put in the barn

DigDug

rob1273 wrote:What do think of the Li? He said it was driving back in the 90's when it was put in the barn
It's all there - a nice project or a decent sum if you sell it.
Did you have to do that?
rob1273

What you reckon it's worth

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information