Scootering Magazine - July edition...

The print magazine news, reviews, latest products, events & more....
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Toot-oasc wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: while Stu Owen bring us a ‘Snapshot in Time’ from the Lambretta Club Great Britain.

Enjoy the issue,

Dan
Hi Dan

Constructive feedback for the (planned?) on going article, which I enjoyed reading btw

Maybe a quick proof read via one of the current LCGB Committee that the 'factual' aspects of any feature on the LCGB is checked for accuracy, as opposed to simply publishing a 'hindsight' view of LCGB Committee members that run the club along time ago, in a very different period of the club's interesting history?

(i.e. current membership has been steady for several years at around the 5,000 mark, and 'Jetset' magazine is one word not two. However I don't want to be seen to offer negative feedback of a generally otherwise interesting read).

Happy to assist if asked

Cheers

Toot
LCGB
Thanks for the (constructive?) feedback and glad you enjoyed the read.

Its always a difficulty when producing an article to decide how many people to consult, check with, seek advice/approval from etc....let alone doing it against press-dates and deadlines. Sometimes circumstances dictate the need to just crack on, and on other occasions we are afforded the luxury of time, but in either case...thank you for your kind offer of assistance.

The error on one of the captions where Jetset has been split into two words is entirely my fault and will be remedied for the next instalment. I've already noted the stomach churning feeling of seeing an irretrievable error in print, its not like when I've made a typo on the forum and i can just go back and amend it...its a one shot deal! Luckily this means that, unlike my publishing error, you still have chance to amend the JET SET reference on the LCGB website: http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/join.html

;)

Cheers

Dan
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

Hi Dan

It would appear that I've inadvertently opened up a debate as to whether the correct reference is actually Jet Set / Jetset / JetSet ??

Looking back at the LCGB literature I have stored (which is no-where near to the level of other long established members that I know very well), it would appear all versions above have been used in the past - on purpose or in error.

Anyway, Stu has put together a great article all the same and if it the first of a series of features on the largest (some say finest) Lambretta scooter club in World then I'm sure members of the current Committee will be only to happy to assist in providing detail to include in subsequent articles covering through to the present day.

Cheers

Toot
LCGB
drunkmunkey6969

Toot-oasc wrote:Hi Dan

It would appear that I've inadvertently opened up a debate as to whether the correct reference is actually Jet Set / Jetset / JetSet ??

Looking back at the LCGB literature I have stored (which is no-where near to the level of other long established members that I know very well), it would appear all versions above have been used in the past - on purpose or in error.

Anyway, Stu has put together a great article all the same and if it the first of a series of features on the largest (some say finest) Lambretta scooter club in World then I'm sure members of the current Committee will be only to happy to assist in providing detail to include in subsequent articles covering through to the present day.

Cheers

Toot
LCGB
That's the spirit!

Thanks for the offer.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969

Mag hits the newsstands today :D
Bofs
Main scooter: Zundapp Betta 500

The mag is a vast improvement and getting better but I really didn`t see the point of a two man review of the Scomadi 200, the most anticipated new scooter model of recent years ( purists button your lips :)) One in-depth full review was what everyone was waiting on, not 2 people repeating each other. Minor point but annoying.
Give Darrell more space too :)
Muffspeed....no muff too tuff
Bad Samaritans SC

1957 Zundapp Betta 500 Auto
1966 Motovespa Sprint 210 Polossi
1960 Lambretta Cutdown 205 Project
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Bofs wrote:The mag is a vast improvement and getting better but I really didn`t see the point of a two man review of the Scomadi 200, the most anticipated new scooter model of recent years ( purists button your lips :)) One in-depth full review was what everyone was waiting on, not 2 people repeating each other. Minor point but annoying.
Give Darrell more space too :)
Dan's on a commission from Frank.... ;)
Did you have to do that?
drunkmunkey6969

Bofs wrote: I really didn`t see the point of a two man review of the Scomadi 200
Its funny, when a magazine has gone to press and i look back at what we've achieved for the month and all the stuff I'm proud of vs. what i would have liked more time/money/space/information to improve on.....its never the stuff i think its going to be which people pick up on. I look at certain things and think 'bet i get slated for this' or 'i bet people moan about that'....and they never do, its something else which i never even spotted or thought about. Somehow in my mind i thought a perspective from two people was twice the value, but you are saying the opposite. Interesting feedback, it makes me re-evaluate things constantly thanks for the input.

Although i will also say, on the opposite side of the coin, you cant please all of the people all of the time. If I'm learning one thing very quickly, its that every edition is a balance/compromise between time/money/space/information as we race from deadline to deadline each month, so inevitably there will always be SOME criticism. I just have to take on board the things i can change, not worry about the things i cant....and produce the best balance each month. Every edition is a compromise in some way. :ugeek:

Bofs wrote:Give Darrell more space too :)
If only he had more available time to contribute written work... :shock:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information