Brexit Poll.....

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...

Will you vote to remain or leave the EU?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:13 pm

Remain
25%
Leave
75%

Total votes: 55
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Go on then, just for sport......in or out?

Anonymous vote, let the dog see the rabbit...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969

Just noticed the vote doesn't show up on Tapatalk.... :roll:

Interestingly though, there are 370+ views of the thread, but only 20 votes........i hope the referendum doesn't suffer such voter apathy! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

You missed out the 3rd option of spoiling your vote :!:
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I've done dozens of online polls and all but one were heavily in favour of leaving. Why or how are the 'official' ones so close?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

10 inch Terror wrote:I've done dozens of online polls and all but one were heavily in favour of leaving. Why or how are the 'official' ones so close?
Generally speaking activists tend to be more vociferous and, unsurprisingly, more active. That's why strikes often happen when the majority are against strike action. But if you don't speak up or vote, no-one is going to listen to you.

Official ones tend to be done by stopping people and asking them their opinion, in effect giving them no option but to vote.

There is also the view that voting is a binary activity, in other words you are either for or against something. Imagine that 51% of the country have a slight preference to remain but 49% have a strong preference to leave, then we'd remain but the overall view of the nation, on balance, would be to leave.

Tricky stuff ballots and opinion polls.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

hendy wrote:
10 inch Terror wrote:I've done dozens of online polls and all but one were heavily in favour of leaving. Why or how are the 'official' ones so close?
Generally speaking activists tend to be more vociferous and, unsurprisingly, more active. That's why strikes often happen when the majority are against strike action. But if you don't speak up or vote, no-one is going to listen to you.

Official ones tend to be done by stopping people and asking them their opinion, in effect giving them no option but to vote.

There is also the view that voting is a binary activity, in other words you are either for or against something. Imagine that 51% of the country have a slight preference to remain but 49% have a strong preference to leave, then we'd remain but the overall view of the nation, on balance, would be to leave.

Tricky stuff ballots and opinion polls.
I tend not to read too much into official polls. The last general election had Labour and the Tories neck and neck according to official polls. The Tories romped home then and I'm hoping leave does the same tomorrow.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

i predict the outcome of the vote tomorrow will be remain :-(
C’est la vie
Muttley McLadd

Muppet wrote:i predict the outcome of the vote tomorrow will be fixed in line with the current government's wishes :-(
fixed.. :D
CakeAndArseParty
drunkmunkey6969

Personally....i'm hoping for a Brexit win by any margin possible, but in reality expecting the stay campaign to win by a significant margin.

Hope for the best, expect the worst.

:)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I'm out, but I've had that stance since 1971 when the tree hugging hippy we had for a social economics teacher tried to tell us how we'd all be rolling in Gold in the future. For a small percentage this came true but sadly not for the masses.

My work history mirrored what the remain camp wanted us to believe. In 1983 I got a job with, at that time, probably the biggest Health & Fitness company in the world because of my expertise in sports nutrition. In 1986 I signed up as a franchisee with the same company, by 1991 I was paying more in franchise fees than I was actually earning despite years of 90 hour working weeks. There was 7 or 8 other franchisees all with the same disenchanted feelings and eventually we decided to take them on legally and get out of this gravy train for the franchisors. They followed the same path of doom and gloom for us and how they'd make it impossible for us to continue doing business in this field. I can't recall the exact figures but it we had to purchase around 80% of goods that we sold direct from them and 20% that we could outsource, they said they'd get the 20% to cut us off. It got messy in a court case with legal teams on both sides saying it was a 50/50 call if we had our day in court. The franchisors, obviously getting cold feet, offered us a deal out if we paid their legal fees, which we agreed to do as for each of us it amounted to about 1 years franchise fees. We ditched their name and products and never looked back. I went from employing one staff member to employing three and 10 years later I sold a flourishing business as I needed to help my Dad look after my Mum who was suffering with Dementia.
I'm not foolish enough to think that this will turn out the same with Europe but I see us as a country in decline if we continue on our current path. I've voted UKIP since they came into being but I think they've been held back by wrongful association with far right groups, another of the remain camp's scare mongering that we're all racist little Englanders.

Anyway my postal vote went in as soon as the post box opened but I'm not telling you how I voted until tomorrow.

Not sure if Dan can back up my facts as he worked for a department of the same company but think it may not have been until after our own Brexit. [Plus he'd still have been in short pants in the early 90s] :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information