Petrol Tank

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

ha ha jonboy looks good
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Padge wrote:here's another pic for you Garry :lol:
mine has carb on other side
it's fitted with straps, a bit fiddly to fit but got there in the end, pleased with the fit and finish of it (minimal prep before painting) so gonna use another on my new project
sorry padge its looking good i love this stage when your building :o
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Just checked on the Justlambretta site and he's got 11 litre bolt in tanks in stock. No picture but i'm sure they're the same as mentioned. They have an option for a L/H side or R/H side cut-out. Cost is £99 delivered......not a bad price to be fair.
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

mick1 wrote:Just checked on the Justlambretta site and he's got 11 litre bolt in tanks in stock. No picture but i'm sure they're the same as mentioned. They have an option for a L/H side or R/H side cut-out. Cost is £99 delivered......not a bad price to be fair.

just fitted one of those off martin to my mates gp, can try and take a pick if you want
jonboy
Main scooter: Vespa T 5 Classic

garry inglis wrote:ha ha jonboy looks good

Not mine
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Donnie wrote:Very interesting battery setup there, what you running?
The battery is a 4 amp hour alarm battery and I made up the bracket to hold it (along with a fuse box and flasher unit) myself.
I decided it would be nice to have a bigger tank and I thought by using this one and fitting a legshield tool box I could have more room for petrol and more room for tools, spares etc.
The battery originally lived in a cutout in the toolbox so I needed another solution and came up with this.

The gap between the battery and the tank will be filled up with the breathsweet air filter and I plan to ventilate the original toolbox door to let a bit of fresh air in.
It seems with all tuned lambretta engines, a larger fuel tank is a very desirable accessory! :lol:
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Ah nice bit of work there. Certainly tidier than mine.
Im still on the original tank so still have the battery and a solar regulator on the back of my toolbox, but then i have a leggy toolbox with the flasher unit etc already in there.
Donnie.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Surprised that Oiltek have stopped making theirs, I bought one from them about 6 months ago, quality is superb
hydra
Dealer

jonboy wrote:I am after a bigger petrol tank
although I want to keep toolbox
I contacted Oiltek earlier in the week but
they have stopped selling theirs
Any other recommendations
Just to clear up any confusion by the original post, Oiltek have not stopped making Tanks. The Mid range 12 litre tank is being re designed as we had an issue with panel clearance on an early Series 3 Li. We do continue to make our Long range Tanks.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

hydra wrote:
jonboy wrote:I am after a bigger petrol tank
although I want to keep toolbox
I contacted Oiltek earlier in the week but
they have stopped selling theirs
Any other recommendations
Just to clear up any confusion by the original post, Oiltek have not stopped making Tanks. The Mid range 12 litre tank is being re designed as we had an issue with panel clearance on an early Series 3 Li. We do continue to make our Long range Tanks.
Good news and thanks for clearing up
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information