Exhaust options

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Snails

Ok I would appreciate some advice on my exhaust options as it looks like I might need a new on.

Engine is SR175, a little bit of tuning and port tidying up by myself :shock: . Gearing is Indian gp200/125. Carb 26mm Dellorto.

I can provide my exact tune later if needed.

I dont do long runs very often, I'm more an about town driver so I'm more bothered about acceleration and a bit of grunt than top speed or touring.

Sorry if this is an often discussed topic..:(
mark1
Main scooter: gp

What sprocket set up have you got, Do you want a box pipe or an expansion and most importantly how much do you want to spend.
scooterslag

Scootopia's clubman is a good pipe, recently fitted one to a friends Jet200 and the acceleration, mid range and top end have all benefited. Also like most of Scootopia's stuff - it was a good fit and didn't require the usual Dremmel action to get it on ;)
The mack daddy on the left!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I have a series 2 and a series 3,they both have Casa 185 kits and both have KBA clubman exhausts.I cant fault the KBA's and at under £100 pounds each I think they are a good deal.
Snails

mark1 wrote:What sprocket set up have you got, Do you want a box pipe or an expansion and most importantly how much do you want to spend.
18 tooth front sprocket

As for box or expansion that in a way is what I'm looking for an answer to. I've always gone box before but In the back of my mind I'm thinking maybe I would be better off with an expansion. I'm not bothered about original looks but I'm not so keen on cutting my runners or anything (if thats ever necessary) mainly from a time perspective as its just another job and I want to get back on the road during the summer!

I've actually always liked the idea / look of reverse cone but I'm scared of the noise issue..and have no idea whether they are that good performance wise
Snails

HxPaul wrote:I have a series 2 and a series 3,they both have Casa 185 kits and both have KBA clubman exhausts.I cant fault the KBA's and at under £100 pounds each I think they are a good deal.
How is a KBA and Scootopia's different to a normal box exhaust? Is it like the AF Clubman - an improvement on the std pipe in some way through an improved routing of the exhaust fumes?
Snails

mark1 wrote: how much do you want to spend.
As little as possible, but upper limit would be affected by a conversation with my credit card - It would probably start kicking off if it comes much past £200.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Bin your credit card and get an interest free one. Buy the best you can. Life is too short to faff around.
simonwwfc

Just sold my af clubman fully chromed by quality chrome in hull bargin £120
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Having had no experiance of the Scootopia exhaust I'm afraid I cant do a comparison.I have heard that the KBA clubman and the AF clubman are made in the same factory and apart from having the respective names stamped on them,are the same exhaust.This is just what I've heard and have no proof of this,perhaps a more knowledgable person than me can say whether this is true or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information