Ideas please.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I've just picked up a nice early Indian GP project and I want to do a standardish resto on it. I've a couple of RB's already so though I'd go down a different route with this one. I'm thinking of keeping it looking standard but with a pepped up motor. My question is what kit/ kits will give me a bit of reliable go but look standard i.e run through the air box and with a standard clubman type pipe? What are people running with good results? I'm going to repainted it myself so with the money saved there I'll put back into a nice motor. Cheers in advance Pete.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

If it's a 200 casing:

Avanti......carb on correct side and performs really well at low rev's, plenty of torque.

Ran mine with a Ron Moss Clubman and had an excellent spread of power, albeit with a PHBH.
10 inch Terror

Should of said it'll be on a 125/150 casing.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Rt195, phbl 24 and big bore exhaust.

Not going to break any speed records but certainly fast enough.

Plus coming from rb motors this will be easy to ride with little maintainance
rainbowrunner
Main scooter: Series 2, RT 195

as above, just fitted RT 195 running through standard air box, 25 mm carb and clubman exhaust, very impressed with it, only another 600 miles running in to do :(
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

or gt186 on 60mm stroke
C’est la vie
10 inch Terror

I've spoken to someone running an RT195 with a 110 rod. Says it's lovely and smooth and comes with packers with the kit. Anyone running one with this set up?
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

if your on a budget, a 175 bored to 185 (or a 185 cast or alloy kit) get the grinder out and do a bit of porting, you could even do it similar to RT195 timings etc, a PWK 24 on correct manifold (sits in same place/angle as standard carb) and you can run that through standard airbox.....looks totally standard
if you want to put a kit on, Casa, muggelo, RTand same carb as above
personally I prefer the PWK over a PHBL, smaller, better throttle response, easy to jet, no rich spot low down and more economical .....oh and you cant beat them for the "standard look" if that's yer thing
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

All a matter of opinions and I doubt any of the posters have experience of all the kits and options on offer. I have experience of 175 conversions, GT186 and Mugello 186. Of those 3, GT by a country mile.

Just thinking out loud, a GT186 , Mikuni TM24, and a generic Clubman (Scootopia?) or a standard GP200 exhaust would be a nice set up, all IMO of course.

I'd be tempted to try and run the TM24 (a responsive little carb ) through the airbox but would reserve the right to alter that if it didn't breath so well
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information