GT240 Build

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

I had bother with both internal & external items from him, using the internal pickup I had a rev limiter around 6k rpm. On the one occasion I did get it to rev out (can't remember how, perhaps pickup height) the problem came back after a few miles & I had to limp home and had a light seize at about 45mph with not much throttle, so the timing must have been all over the place. Generally the scooter felt weak, something was missing.

I wasn't really getting anywhere with discussing it with him & after borrowing a SIL stator and finding it worked perfectly I just stuck a BGM in there & haven't looked back since.

It's hard to know what direction to take as you'll hear bad reports on BGM also, but that seems to have gone very quiet over recent months so perhaps the V4 has resolved previous problems? Find something that works for you & stick with it, I suppose.
eden
Dealer

I too had problems with the scootertronics stator and with their external pickup when I tried both.
Same issues as described above.
I have since gone back to using stators with the pickup and LT swapped out for good vespa versions.
Odd also that a few weeks ago a company in India contacted me asking if I was interested in buying their ignitions.
http://radoproducts.com/index.html
They sell the external pickups.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information