EU, in or out?

Fun and obscure stuff, anything 'off topic' goes...
a.j

And Cameron and his remain camp were the bastions of truth and honesty weren't they. :lol:
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

As the governments official stance was to remain in the EU it's down to them to now make the changes wanted by the majority. You seem to think power has been handed to Boris Johnson, Michael Grove and Nigel Farrage. The leave campaign put their case forward and suggested how things could be changed post EU exit. As far as I remember this was an in or out of the EU thread. We voted out so this thread is done. If you want to flog a dead horse start another thread about being out of the EU. For me I'm done. I use this forum because I'm interested in 60 year old Italian shopping bikes.
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

In case you hadn't noticed,
David Cameron resigned, what we will end up with is an unknown, how they will take us forward is unknown
But voting 52-48 to leave hands the euro sceptic Tories a mandate or they have UKIP snapping at their heels ( which caused this whole thing in the first place)
So yes you have given them power, (I'm not guilty of that one I voted stay)

So far the promises made by the leave campaign are being back tracked upon, they can't deliver what they promised.
It's time to stop politicians being allowed to backtrack like this, no one will get what they want.
I wanted to stay in, you wanted out.
The likely outcome is neither of us will get what we want and have the worst of both worlds
Paying in to trade with no say in policy
No change in immigration
Still having to abide by EU laws on trade

So maybe in a few years the Uk will be united by the fact we are 100% pissed off at what has happened
jonzo172

10 inch Terror wrote:As the governments official stance was to remain in the EU it's down to them to now make the changes wanted by the majority. You seem to think power has been handed to Boris Johnson, Michael Grove and Nigel Farrage. The leave campaign put their case forward and suggested how things could be changed post EU exit. As far as I remember this was an in or out of the EU thread. We voted out so this thread is done. If you want to flog a dead horse start another thread about being out of the EU. For me I'm done. I use this forum because I'm interested in 60 year old Italian shopping bikes.

Well said.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

FFS how can they backtrack on promises they were never in a position to enforce in the 1st place? They are the opposition and not in power. It's been 72 hours and you're making out we've crashed into a 3rd world country! It's never been about short term it's long term we need to look at. All this doom and gloom is p1551ing me off. If our councillor of the exchequer hadn't disappeared for 3 days the global market wouldn't of been so jittery towards the pound. It's not all gloom Aston Martin have already said they'll invest 200 million in a new plant in Wales. The 1000's of city jobs that were going abroad if we left the EU are now staying in London ( surprise surprise ) several countries are wanting to start trade negotiations with us. We now have access to over 2 billion new customers ( as well as the 500 million in Europe ) we will 100% be a better nation out. What pisses me off the most is the arrogance of the remainers thinking only they are right. Both major political parties had remain and exit camps. Independent global finance experts were also spit with just as many saying an exit will do us good as bad. I voted out because I believe long term it's best for us as a whole nation. You voted remain because you beloved staying was best. What's makes your opinion any more valid or correct than mine? From day one the remain camp have been arrogant bullying and scaring people to remain. Well it hasn't worked the majority believe we are better off out. Deal with it and move on. This is my last comment on this thread. Have a good day all.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Meds wrote:In case you hadn't noticed,
David Cameron resigned, what we will end up with is an unknown, how they will take us forward is unknown
But voting 52-48 to leave hands the euro sceptic Tories a mandate or they have UKIP snapping at their heels ( which caused this whole thing in the first place)
So yes you have given them power, (I'm not guilty of that one I voted stay)

So far the promises made by the leave campaign are being back tracked upon, they can't deliver what they promised.
It's time to stop politicians being allowed to backtrack like this, no one will get what they want.
I wanted to stay in, you wanted out.
The likely outcome is neither of us will get what we want and have the worst of both worlds
Paying in to trade with no say in policy
No change in immigration
Still having to abide by EU laws on trade

So maybe in a few years the Uk will be united by the fact we are 100% pissed off at what has happened
well said.
Cameron, whatever you think of him (and I'm no fan) is clearly not stupid enough to press the button on article 50 since he knows he is going to get a lot of the blame in any case, it's understandable for him to therefore say 'nope I'm already up to me neck'.
Since the whole matter is now in the hands of the various tory cliques and organisations and they seem to firmly believe only a brexiteer can lead the party now, it is likely one of them will now have the button in their hands and can either reap the rewards of pushing it or not as the case may be.

Clearly the whole population will suffer from this debacle/bathe in the sunny optimism of our independence (delete as applicable) but one things should be evident this morning -the first issue to deal with is to crush the vile nasty racists who for some bizarre reason thinks brexit justifies racial hatred.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

There is something not quite right about any of this. What shocks me is that the Leavers don't seem to have a bloody clue. When people need leadership they are missing in action. I'm not convinced they even want it. So now we are faced with the ridiculous situation of politicians not having the balls to act on a clear democratic mandate and nobody wanting to press the button. So, we just drift along wreaking untold havoc and betraying all those who voted, fatally weakening democracy in the process. And, in the end I don't think we'll even leave at all.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Doom Patrol wrote:There is something not quite right about any of this. What shocks me is that the Leavers don't seem to have a bloody clue. When people need leadership they are missing in action. I'm not convinced they even want it. So now we are faced with the ridiculous situation of politicians not having the balls to act on a clear democratic mandate and nobody wanting to press the button. So, we just drift along wreaking untold havoc and betraying all those who voted, fatally weakening democracy in the process. And, in the end I don't think we'll even leave at all.

I fear you may be right with your final sentence.......
Scootering since 1968.
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

I have argued all along that leave havn't made a case for exit, their promises were hollow and they were unable to deliver

10 inch terror wrote
FFS how can they backtrack on promises they were never in a position to enforce in the 1st place? They are the opposition and not in power.

Well now they have the power, so deliver.

It seems that you knew all along that they were lying but quite happy to go along with it as long as you won the vote.
Yet argued that I was wrong!
Turns out we aren't that far apart, I knew they were lying, you knew they were lying, the difference was you were prepared to accept it.

I will Ask again what have you actually won?
Because it's not about who won this vote, it's about getting the best deal for Britain in the negotiations, because that what they have been asked to do,
So far the negotiation with the British people was 'we sort immigration immigration etc etc, you vote for us'
The British people have agreed to that 52-48, now the Brexit camp are backing out on their part of the bargain?

Political reality, we need to put in place people who will act in our best interests over the coming years, people who will act with honesty and integrity towards the British people tell us the risks, what we have to give up and what we will gain from that.

Here's the rub
If the UK parliament didn't ratify the voted to stay in Europe and invoke article 50, where would you stand? Bearing in mind you have accepted that it's ok for them to lie and break the terms of the contract
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

No negotiations until Article 50 is invoked.

Cameron has certainly stuffed the Leave campaigned that blighted his premiership.

Part of me feels sympathy for the Leavers. I would have expected a plan of some kind. Some kind of public statement for the future. But there's nothing. I'd be bloody furious by now if I'd have voted to leave.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information