API series 2

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sydduckett

Has anyone got any pics of the rear of a headset, steering lock area of an API series 2. I have some sort of weird bracket coming off the top of the frame just under the back of the headset between that and the top of the leggies. Im having issues posting pics s on here at mo as i would othefwise do it the other way round :roll:

Thanks sef
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Is it a sort of L shaped piece?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
sydduckett

rosscla wrote:Is it a sort of L shaped piece?
Yes by jingo, thats it. I had presumed it was some sort of steering lock...?
rosscla

I think it is
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
sydduckett

Im thinking there was some sort of pin afair dropping down from the headset When the steering lock key was turned. I have a bitsa headset not the origonal API one so im guessing really.
rosscla

That's how they mostly work
rosscla

That's how they mostly work -

sydduckett

Thats it, although mine has a notch in the middle. You must have been able to lock itbwith the wheel facing straight
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information