Lambretta series 2 kickstart

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
watto66

Hello

I need a replacement kickstart for my li series 2 the one I currently have sit very close to the rear runner I have filed it but it will still foul occasionally , I think it may be an Indian one. Does anybody do a wider remade version . I will shortly be fitting a bigger cc tuned motor so need more clearance.

Many thanks
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Got mine from Buz Solomoto sits a good 1 inch from the foot board has the tab for a series 3 side case seems stronger with good chrome
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Got mine from "Buzz" to,its a series 2 with a series 3 engine.My engine is a 200cc motor with a Casa 210 top end and the kickstart handles the compression OK.
watto66

Thanks

So would that be the one he stocks series 2 to fit series 3 engine ? I'm guessing that's a bit wider ?

Cheers
HxPaul

The last time I looked he had both in stock,series 2 with a series 3 engine and a standard series 2 with a series 2 engine.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

If you have a series 1 or 2 it's a wide style so any kick start will have to kick out further than a series 3 slim style. A series 2 in original form does not have the tab that locates with the chain case rubber stop that the series 3 has.
For those who have that type chain case you need the tab and it to kick out further to miss the floorboards. You have the choice but the ones he sells are a bit thicker than standard so don't bend as they are not made of cheese
watto66

Thanks all I'll try the 2 for series 3 if that makes sense :D
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

+2 for the Buzzsolomoto series 2 kick starts used both types , good quality and lasted well
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
HxPaul

The only difference between the series 2 kickstart pedals and the series 2 with a series 3 engine that I can see,is the one with a series 3 engine has a longer tab to locate on the rubber stop.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Which you need will depend on which side case you have the really type has a more pronounced bump where the tab stops against.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information