LAMBRETTA PLUG GRADE????

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shamrockexpress

What make and grade of plug are you running and in what set-up....................
bazza3004

B8ES for normal running some use a B9ES when running motorway speeds as its a cooler running plug
Mine runs the B8es in a TS1 230.
shamrockexpress

B7es for alot of the small block kits seems good for normal conditions.........

p200e runs b6es.............does anybody run a plug this hot in a lammie just curious to know why it shouldnt be fine in anything stage 4 200 or less.....is there any proof that a vespa would run cooler than a lammie as a rule?????????at the end of the day both simlar compression ratios and fan cooled running simlar revs, i personally have never used a b6es in a lammie but for town riding and commuting it might burn the slightly over rich mixtures better thru the slower traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any thoughts on this anyone?
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

I think the NGK 6 is comparable to the Champion grade originally specified by Lambretta.
shocky

shamrockexpress wrote:B7es for alot of the small block kits seems good for normal conditions.........

p200e runs b6es.............does anybody run a plug this hot in a lammie just curious to know why it shouldnt be fine in anything stage 4 200 or less.....is there any proof that a vespa would run cooler than a lammie as a rule?????????at the end of the day both simlar compression ratios and fan cooled running simlar revs, i personally have never used a b6es in a lammie but for town riding and commuting it might burn the slightly over rich mixtures better thru the slower traffic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know any lambrettas that run plastic head cowls ;)
well maybe the LN :lol:
the vespa cylinder has more fin area than a lambretta , the flywheel is bigger and fins are shaped to pump air forward
so id say yes they run cooler it would be interesting to see a temp gauge swapped over from a standard p2 to a standard lammy 200 , it wouldn't be scientific but would give a general idea , ive been using a sip speedo with an under the plug sensor and trying out various exhausts and jetting to see if I can get the temp downat various speeds also been trying various fuel brands and grades to see if and runn hotter or cooler again its not scientific at all just a bit of fun :)
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Now that would be an interesting (not all together scientific ) exercise and it would be good to see any results you've kept.
barnsleybilly
Main scooter: Li200

Chris in Margate wrote:Now that would be an interesting (not all together scientific ) exercise and it would be good to see any results you've kept.
I agree, it would be interesting to see results from the various heads available for Lambretta's these days - standard SIL, AF, BGM, GT, Avanti, Reedspeed.

See which actually work given one scooter, run on a dyno for HP and temperature at the head.

Now there's an idea for Scootering.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

shamrockexpress wrote:B7es for alot of the small block kits seems good for normal conditions.........

Yes, a B6 is madness, I know it's in the haynes but you will heat seize unless you are running to and from the shops at less than 30 frankly. Thats the same for a B7 in a lammy. If you are using these plugs to burn off an over rich mixture it's your mixtures wrong and putting in a hotter plug instead of fixing the mixture in the first place is treating a symptom not the cause.
Donnie.
shamrockexpress

Years ago on the p200e I remember going to the Venlo rallyon the german border drivingacross Holland and then onto the auto bhans 2 up in scorching summer heat flat out for 4 hours scoot fully loaded, I,m sure most on here would have a similar story and that would have been a b6 probably the original.................. :o

so where is the logic in all this ?
shamrockexpress

Donnie wrote:

Yes, a B6 is madness, I know it's in the haynes but you will heat seize unless you are running to and from the shops at less than 30 frankly. Thats the same for a B7 in a lammy. If you are using these plugs to burn off an over rich mixture it's your mixtures wrong and putting in a hotter plug instead of fixing the mixture in the first place is treating a symptom not the cause.

If you are using these plugs to burn off an over rich mixture ........................SURELY A BETTER BURN TEMP WOULD RUN THE ENGINE COOLER!!!!!!!! as opposed to an over rich mixture maybe not having the same efficiency rate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information