Dave Webster

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Supereibar

LCGB are far too busy patting themselves in the back for a well done job policeing forums :lol: :lol:

Talking serious now. However, does that really matter? Dave Webster will always remain a great pioneer, and a great refference, no matter if the LCGB says that he was a great influence. So was Geoff Stephens, Norrie Kerr (did I spelled that right?) Ray Kemp and all the other pilots out there who gave their two cents for scooter racing... IMHO it should be the BSSO that kept him in a shrine.

We had great Lambretta riders here in Spain in the 60's and nobody but me and other fellow Lambrettistas have cared to visit them and find out more about their history as riders. There are still so many out there who remain silent, living in total isolation from the world. Whenever you call them and say you are a Lambretta enthusiast, their voice just suddenly changes and feels like they have seen light for a second after being in the dark for days. They receive you with open arms and want to tell you everything they did in a nutshell. Is great.

I bet the biggest sattisfaction for a rider/pilot is when other race enthusiast knows and appreciates their achievements, even if they where little. People who know nothing about the whole spirit will never understand what if feels to be taking corners at 50mph on a windy track, or not even that, just BE THERE, with the team, as a support member or part of the crew, to be forced to pull out bodger engineering within a 20 minute time frame cause your racer is due in 30 minutes to rage around the track like there is no tomorrow.

Just a thought. Much respect to Webster and all the others who have made scooter racing what it is today by the way. The more I know about it, the more I want to know. Very interesting.

Here is a picture, of Spain's greatest Lambretta pilot. Antoni Estivill:
Jet200

Juan, . . . . . I have no idea how Kate Moss got mixed up in this scooter racing topic, . . . . but I do appreciate it!! :D :lol:
Juan

Okay, looks like this thread has died on its arse.

The reason for the picture of Kate was when she was the "face" of Agent Provocatuer. I chose a well known face so you might've twigged. It was either her or Kylie and believe me, I tossed up furiously between the 2 of them. :ugeek:

Anyway, it's a good enough excuse for more pictures of Kate.

mark

better but prefer lily allen :P
Supereibar

mark wrote:better but prefer lily allen :P
:baddevil: piccies
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Supereibar wrote:
mark wrote:better but prefer lily allen :P
:baddevil: piccies
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
DJ200

sean brady scooters wrote:One thing is "for sure"...............and it should go without saying.......................
here on SCOOTEROTICA.........he is of course recognised and admired for his pioneering work and achievements................... :D

Awwwww shucks guys.............. you're embarrassing me........ the fun racing we had all those years ago wasn't down to the heroes or villains at the top, it was all the guys, everyone, right down to the bottom. Without all of them, every one, it would never have been an event. There would never have been any racing. It's such a shame now that the few racers still left no longer have that wonderful opportunity that we had to race in extra classes, extra races to hone our skills. It just really goes to show how good the riders really are today, the necessity of the high-tech equipment that seems to be permeating the sport. There.... is that good news? Or is it bad? Without progression there can be only stagnation, and over the years riders will smash the times that us old wan**kers laid down.

Things, like retired racers, will always improve with time.

And time brings change.

Now then, whether or not I'd have been HAPPY to be regularly beaten buy some young spotty kid racing around on a farty little Zip70; Now THAT's another matter!

Dj "I've almost forgotten how good I wasn't" Webbo
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

:D
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Supereibar

Jet200 wrote:Juan, . . . . . I have no idea how Kate Moss got mixed up in this scooter racing topic, . . . . but I do appreciate it!! :D :lol:
She needs a decoke set, maybe that is why she is here...
paulmgreen
Main scooter: Lambretta Group 4 Race 200

DJ200 wrote:
sean brady scooters wrote:One thing is "for sure"...............and it should go without saying.......................
here on SCOOTEROTICA.........he is of course recognised and admired for his pioneering work and achievements................... :D

It's such a shame now that the few racers still left no longer have that wonderful opportunity that we had to race in extra classes, extra races to hone our skills.

Webbo
We're working on that one Dave!......
YouTuve Vlog channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEhrgL ... vY_4Px2WTg

www.JPPLambretta.co.uk

Sponsors Replay Scooters JPPLambretta
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information