First Scooter Restoration

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
xlewisc
Main scooter: Vespa px125

Hi all purchased my self a Vespa MK1 PX125 off eBay the other week as a little project for over the winter!
Here it is when i got it home and piled it all in the bedroom lol!

As I'm only 19 i don't know too much about these bikes so didn't know what to look for!
got it home had a look through what i had seems like i have 90% of the bits to put it back together!
  • frame
    side panels
    seat
    horn cover
    front plastic mudguard, was told its rare not too sure on that though!
    forks
    front wheel and couple of tires
    head set handlebars and casing
    front light
    read brake pedal
    engine casing with gear box in, rear hub, kick start, stator, clutch and some other bits and bobs!

will try and update with the bits i need soon! taking the bike and bits to work tomorrow to have a proper look!
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Well done on your purchase! There's a bit of work there for sure but this is a good forum for solutions if you run into any problems. Good luck with it!
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Great project keep us posted
ArmandTanzarian

Blimey! talk about jumping in at the deep end on your first project. Luckily PXs are plentiful, fairly simple and spares are easy to get if you need them.

Good luck
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Good luck - there's nowt like jumping in feet first!... There's a wealth of knowledge on here & folk are always quick to answer or offer advice - so don't be afraid to ask even the most basic of questions...
xlewisc

So took the bike to work and gave the rust spots a hit with my panel beating hammer and ouch some holes appeared suppose I better send it off for shot blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by xlewisc on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ArmandTanzarian

Ouch!
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Looks like you've hit it a bit too hard in places :lol: ... not the end of the world though & nowt that cant be put right. I was faced with a similar 'surprise' earlier this year when I had a frame blasted... all turned out well in the end though http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33532
xlewisc

cartmel808 wrote:Looks like you've hit it a bit too hard in places :lol: ... not the end of the world though & nowt that cant be put right. I was faced with a similar 'surprise' earlier this year when I had a frame blasted... all turned out well in the end though http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33532

Believe it or not I didn't hit it that hard, it was abit of a bodge repair on it as I only tapped it and filler just fell out and there was abit of black gaffer tape at the back of the hole! Some of the bits i just ground away the flaking metal and the wholes were behind!
Yes I was looking at you're bike erlier it's given me inspiration that mine can be welded up and look good! Nice build! Looks amazing now it's done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by xlewisc on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

looks like a good project, i wouldnt recomend shot blasting, its very harsh, bead blasting, or sand or other substitutes are much less harsher, and will still remove paint and rust. your also going to need some repairs that will need welding, good look with your project, keep the pictures coming, post questions on anything your not sure about, lots of good advise on here, all the best holty
:D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information