Re-registering my scoot

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Can someone advise me on registering my Li? I've looked around for some advice but all I seem to find is information about registering a bike that has no registration. I have the registration number, and the old V5 document (albeit in my old name, but that's a minor issue - the address is still the same). The last time I had it on the road, according to the tax discs was 2003. It wasn't SORNed then because SORNing wasn't around when I retired it to the back yard.

Anyway, the day seems to be fast approaching when it'll be up and running again. Can someone advise me what the best course of action is?

Do I just send the registration document off and it gets magically re-activated? And when is the best time to go get it MoT'd? Which do I do first, or is it all much more complicated?
YAMLAM

just fill in the new details on the back of the old V5, your get a new one thru in about 4 weeks.done the same with two of my "off roaders".
win or lose have a booze
EddieStone

Is that all there is to it? The DVLA made it seem so much more complicated than that!

I should add that I'm using the same engine, so the engine and frame numbers should match the V5. Though I haven't actually checked...!
D
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/register.html

Some info on here if it helps
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
EddieStone

Looks like I should have registered it BEFORE I took it to bits!

I've got a GP as well that's in the same situation except it's being chopped. That looks like it may be more involved. I'm hoping Yamlam is right and I can just send off the V5s. How long were the off the road? These have been lurking in the rear yard for over 10 years.
firekdp

Do a search for your registration here https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk. If it shows up here, which it should, then it is on the system and doesn't need re-registering.
EddieStone

Right. I've put both regs in and they both came up. The GP was last taxed in 1994 and the Li in 2002. Sounds about right!

So I just need to send off the V5s for new ones and get them MoTs and taxed, right?
YAMLAM

yep, send em off.i`ve even done the same with a VE60 (old green fold out log book).
win or lose have a booze
gaz_powell

not long done it - I bought a bike with an old log book - bike hadn't been on road since late 80`s and in someone else name.

Just fill the old one in with the new details - you don't need to worry about SORN either - that only kicks in once its back on the road and you start taxing it again - as it didn't need to be SORN when taken off the road (back in the day) they cant enforce it

I wont get this on road for a while.

Gaz
EddieStone

A quick update: I received my V5C updated for the chopper after sending off an old V5. No hassle, no fees. Thanks for the suggestion Yamlam. I'll do the same for the Li. That's nearly ready for its MoT after ten years in the back yard....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information