I need help hunting down my dad's Lambretta

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
ibby4585

Hi, I've only just joined the forum and this is my second post so I apologise immediately for several things lol.

1. Lack of knowledge (but I'm learning)
2. Silly questions

And 3 possibly posting this thread in the wrong section.

Anyway here goes.

This is possibly going to be an impossible task but I need to try.

My mum and dad owned a Lambretta back in the early 60's and they always talked about it. How much they loved it, the big adventures travelling on it. I remember one story that they rode it From Norris Green in Liverpool to Newbury in Berkshire (not far from me now) it took them about 3 days with breakdowns in the rain and ad hoc stops in local b and b's waiting for the rain and the scooter to be repaired. I remember them talking about the scooter community and how much they enjoyed being a part of it.

Fast forward 50 years and sadly my mother has passed away and my dad is nearing his 80s but he still talks about the lambretta more than any other vehicle he has owned.

This year as I was clearing out my mum n dads belonging and I found a picture of both of them on the their scooter.

Its a cracking picture but sadly not a great picture onf the Lambretta.

Now I know this is a massive longshot that this scooter is still about but I want to try and find it if I can or at the very least replicate it and present it to my dad for his 80th Birthday.

I've got as much details as is possible about it and the pic.

If any members can confirm the scooter identity or even know where it is it would be amazing.

My dad is called Derek Davies from Liverpool (Norris Green)
The Scooter was bought from Horsmans on Renshaw Street in Liverpool early 60's

We think it was an early TV175 series 3 in Cream with yellow side panels. Unfortunately we only have the last 3 letters on of the registration which are _ _ _ HKA

If anyone can help me I would be really greatful but realistically I know it's a longshot.

Many thanks
Kris
Last edited by ibby4585 on Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Certainly an impossible task with 3 letters of a reg. some of the things You'd need to ask your dad is, date purchased and sold. I.e if he had it beyond 1983 when all buff log books were to be swapped onto V5. If your lucky enough to find a picture of the whole Reg you can do a simple search which will either tell you if its / when it was last on the rd. you've a tough gig here fella, the replica option should be easier but by the sound of it (unless your gonna drive it yourself) it's a few grand worth of gift that your fitha might not be fit enough to drive. Perhaps you can say where you are from and a scooterotica local with a s3 TV might be able to pop round for an afternoon of nastalgia. :ugeek:
ibby4585

Yes I agree, a near on impossible task,but I suppose if you don't ask you'll never know.

My dad bought it brand new so I'm guessing it's a 62-63' TV?? And he had it for 5 years so long before the 80's V5s came in.

My dad will never ride it, I will ride it for him lol.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

it's not impossible, just time consuming.

You know it ends in hka, so do a vehicle check for a lambretta with the reg 1 hka. If that doesn't work try 2 hka. If that doesn't work try 3 hka.

I'm sure you get the idea.

If your wife loves you, you could ask her to try from 999 hka and go down.

Good luck.
roli-olo

It may be possible to find a record by searching the county or city archive in the area it was sold.Using the details you have I.e. Make model ,year bought,colour and the reg letters plus the dealer name.If it is possible to for you to view the archive you may find it.Just a suggestion.Good luck with your search.
coaster

If you go down the replica route, and Li125 Special will be your cheapest option either Italian or Spanish and visually nigh on identical apart from badging. Even then you will be looking at around £1500 for the basis of a full restoration and need to budget another grand or so the resto work. However, with patience you might be able to find a restored one for less than £3k but be careful of imports from the far east ;)

It's a lovely thought though, I'm sure you will get plenty of help and advice on here 8-)
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Being a local I recall Horsmans. I think they went to the wall in the '80s but didn't sell scooters at that time. If you can't find the Merseyside or Liverpool records office via Google, give Chester Records office a call on 01244 972574. They have been helpful to me in the past.

Good luck.
ibby4585

Many thanks for the responses. I am now up to 350 hka on vehicles searches. Lol.

I have asked my dad for a few more details but I think he is getting confused. As he's not sure it was a TV at all.

Can anyone confirm from the picture that it's a TV175 and not an li? And also what year it could be?

Thanks
Kris
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Its a TV for sure,front disc brake,shockers on front forks and SX/TV style headlight and honcast.
ibby4585

HxPaul wrote:Its a TV for sure,front disc brake,shockers on front forks and SX/TV style headlight and honcast.

Cheers.

Do the side panels style denote a year?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information