BRETTA WON'T START WHEN NOT STARTED A FEW DAYS

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
idc23
Main scooter: lambrettatv175 3

Hi has anybody had problem with not starting after being left for a few days, my tv with muggy 186, 28 delly is a pig to start when left for a few days, have to kick the bugger over & over, then it will fire, but starts fine if left for a day, i always turn fuel off, any ideas please.

Cheers Ian :?
Daggs

Hi Ian. I've always found my lambrettas more difficult to start the longer they are left. Try this method; Kick the scooter over slowly a couple of times (not trying to start it) This just gets a bit of fuel mix moving around.. Then go for normal kicks, hopefully it'll fire up.
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

Certain oils can sink to the bottom of the float bowl so when you try to start , the choke jet just supplies oil which can foul the plug. Try shaking the scoot side to side when it's been stood for a while.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

Mine was a pig to start before I changed my piston rings this winter. If i started it the day before i knew I was going for a ride with the guys it would star 2nd 3rd kick.

Now it can stand unused for a couple of weeks and start first kick.
idc23
Main scooter: lambrettatv175 3

The motor has only done 200 odd miles, thanks for reply's. ;)
coaster

Always keep the throttle closed when kicking it over, especially from cold. You'll find it fires up much easier.
rainbowrunner
Main scooter: Series 2, RT 195

when i go to start my special from cold, even after 2 or 3 weeks, turn petrol on choke on ign on, one quick prod of the kickstart and away she goes.
Iron 175 barrel, delorto 25mm using standard airbox. starts first kick hot or cold every time, was,nt allways the case (I used to have a jettex) :oops:
jazzyb

Check choke is not sticking on my m8 had a similar prob it would stick some times so flooded 8-)
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

Turn of the fueltap when its stood still helps a little too.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

When it EVENTUALLY starts, does it chug chug chug for a while before running clean or does it rev cleanly straight away.
If it's the first scenario then too much fuel caused by flooding with over active throttle use ..or in second scenario it's a lack of fuel

Only possibles....!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information