First scoot & first restoration

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Wulfy66
Main scooter: Looking for first scoot

So after 6 long months the engine is finally finished and have spent this evening fitting it back in

p0stscript

Looking good, read through with interest as just starting similar project myself (with probably a lot more help since I can be all fingers and thumbs) Cheers for posting.
Wulfy66

p0stscript wrote:Looking good, read through with interest as just starting similar project myself (with probably a lot more help since I can be all fingers and thumbs) Cheers for posting.

Good luck with yours! I have certainly learned to have a lot more patience since starting this :)
Wulfy66

A quick update, engine fitted, electronic ignition installed and 8 months of hard work and lots of waiting became all worthwhile when she fired up straight away :) Had a problem trying to get the tick over right but a quick phone call to Danny at Scootopia and he knew what the problem was straight away, just needed the next size down jet and now it's running sweet. Started installing the panel work today, and she's booked in for an MOT tomorrow.

Wulfy66

Update - flew through the MOT today! Very happy, now to get it registered with DVLA :)
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

very nice allround job well done we all no what it takes and costs to get to this stage those panel flashes look nice are they casa ones :?:
Wulfy66

garry inglis wrote:very nice allround job well done we all no what it takes and costs to get to this stage those panel flashes look nice are they casa ones :?:

Thanks! Yes they are casa ones. One thing I discovered during my first restoration was the quality difference in parts. Many items were bought twice before I tried to stick to casa where possible. Even things like the handlebar grips, the first set had a horrible gap which would have drove me nuts. The casa ones looked identical but were much softer and a perfect fit.
You get what you pay for I guess :)
Daggs

That's a lovely looking scoot, well done.
Fitting the horncast and mudguard before the legshield is a new one on me though.............. :shock: :lol:
Wulfy66

Daggs wrote:That's a lovely looking scoot, well done.
Fitting the horncast and mudguard before the legshield is a new one on me though.............. :shock: :lol:
Haha, just balanced on there for the photo :) but also I read on the mot checklist it states front mudguard so I wanted to make sure it could be fixed on if needed. As it happened the tester said as long as he could see I had one there was no need to put it on
Wulfy66

MOT passed and leg shields + rubbers fitted - that's it, she's finished!! (other than a few mods/chrome bits)

And my lad had his first traumatic experience of the clutch/gear control

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information