Anyone know this one and is it too good to be true?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Clearly a scam.......ad says it's never let him down in 8 years.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Wulfy66
Main scooter: Looking for first scoot

Thanks guys

Think my heart was about to make my head lose £2k, need to get my feet back on the ground and take some time to find the right one. I could be missing out on a great buy and doing the seller a disservice.
It is located in Nairn
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

no its not- he's lifted the pic from somewhere. He's advertised it in "Bristol" with the item being in "Scotland" i.e. too far to check it out. He says he'll ship it "free" and if there's any problem you have 7 days to get your cash back.

Trouble is, once you've wired the money (probably by Western Union) then its gone- for good.

Don't part with ANY cash without seeing the scooter in question and checking all the docs.

If you want me to come and have a look first (locally) then give me a shout.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Too good to be true. Too cheap!
Wulfy66

bristolmod wrote:no its not- he's lifted the pic from somewhere. He's advertised it in "Bristol" with the item being in "Scotland" i.e. too far to check it out. He says he'll ship it "free" and if there's any problem you have 7 days to get your cash back.

Trouble is, once you've wired the money (probably by Western Union) then its gone- for good.

Don't part with ANY cash without seeing the scooter in question and checking all the docs.

If you want me to come and have a look first (locally) then give me a shout.

Chris
Thanks matey!
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

There was a scoot for sale a while ago and it was in Scotland, he told me the town and I said that's a coincidence my brother in law lives in that town....the tw@7 then made lots of excuses......Never by anything that's a lot of money sight unseen....
Bookertmgs1
Main scooter: lambretta li150 special

This is a known scam

Take photos of scooters from forums or other for sale sites and lost themselves. Regularly happens with expensive models like Italian GP's and SX's. The difference here is that it's a bitza which probably make the price more believable

Scooter is always in obscure place in Scotland and they are in Spain somewhere. Always a deceased husband or dad and they cannot provide additional photos or information

It's a scam
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

if it's a proveable scam, then we should report it to the national crime unit and E-bay.
Does anyone recognise the scooter?
ABC123
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2 LI

I had a similar response a while back to a different bike that was for sale

Hello, I still have the scooter for sale, the condition is excellent and it has no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments . If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £2670 delivered at my costs.The deal will go through eBay and PayPal. Thank you

had a bit of fun with them before getting bored
Wulfy66

ABC123 wrote:I had a similar response a while back to a different bike that was for sale

Hello, I still have the scooter for sale, the condition is excellent and it has no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments . If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £2670 delivered at my costs.The deal will go through eBay and PayPal. Thank you

had a bit of fun with them before getting bored
Sounds like the same person;

1st email;

Hello, I still have the scooter for sale, the condition is excellent and it has no damages or any faults. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments . If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £2390 delivered at my costs.The deal will go through eBay and PayPal. Thank you

2nd email;

Hello, the scooter is in Nairn, Scotland with me, The best way to complete this transaction is to use PayPal & eBay. They will handle everything for both of us, including transportation and the transfer of the scooter papers to your name. You don't have to pay anything extra, the total price that you must pay for this scooter is £2,390, including delivery.

Here is how the transaction will go on:
-I will make a private eBay listing for you.
-You will have to click "buy it now", fill in the forms and follow the instructions.
-eBay will send you an invoice with all the transaction details and the payment instructions.
-You will have to secure the funds to PayPal&eBay.
-After the funds will be secured to PayPal&eBay, the delivery will begin and the scooter will arrive to you in max. 48 hours.
-When the scooter will be in your custody, you will have a 7 days inspection period. If everything is alright, the transaction ends and PayPal will release the money to me. If there is something wrong with the scooter, you will be fully refunded and I'll get my scooter back too, without any extra fees.
Everything is covered by PayPal & eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received it.
I would need your ebay username so I can send you the link. I'm waiting for your reply.
Thank you.

Alarm bells always start to ring when a seller does not even give their name at the end of an email. Think I have had a lucky escape
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information