Lets ban noisy scooters (NOW)

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Train Driver

http://www.govyou.co.uk/ban-loud-vehicl ... ification/

Just had a chat with one of our village councillors and they are petitioning everyone they can to bring in a no modifying and a max 80dB.
I believe that is too loud :evil: :evil: http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html
better go for Normal piano practice 60 -70dB 8-) 8-)
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
ArmandTanzarian

It rears its head every now and then. Usually because people are taking the p155. There was a TL1000 sports bike in town the other day and the pipes were so loud that it hurt and I was in front of it, 20 feet away wearing earplugs and a crash helmet.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Some people need to get on with what they are doing and let others get on with what they want to do/enjoy (within reason). It is called mutual respect.

I don't want the whole world to become grey, quiet and boring.... 'vive la difference!'

Adam

PS - Those that want to impose their views on me need to have their heads held under water until they stop kicking (is that still within reason?) ;)
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Adam_Winstone wrote:Some people need to get on with what they are doing and let others get on with what they want to do/enjoy (within reason). It is called mutual respect.

I don't want the whole world to become grey, quiet and boring.... 'vive la difference!'

Adam

PS - Those that want to impose their views on me need to have their heads held under water until they stop kicking (is that still within reason?) ;)

Train drivers a Tory so you have my consent :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

80db,be careful on your landline,and when using a drill :lol:
Come on,live and let live.A noisey Scoot will be gone in a few seconds,unless it an Li 125 like mine :lol: ,but then,its not really noisey,just slow :lol:
Adam_Winstone

About time we had some more of those 'Loud Pipes Save Lives' stickers printed up. My works car was, until recently, a Vauxhall Ampera electric/petrol hybrid (not my choice) and I forever had people not looking and simply stepping out in front of me to cross the road. It got to the stage that I wanted to put strings of empty cans on the back just so that people heard me :(
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

Adam_Winstone wrote:About time we had some more of those 'Loud Pipes Save Lives' stickers printed up. My works car was, until recently, a Vauxhall Ampera electric/petrol hybrid (not my choice) and I forever had people not looking and simply stepping out in front of me to cross the road. It got to the stage that I wanted to put strings of empty cans on the back just so that people heard me :(
Say no more :P
sean brady scooters
Dealer

Adam_Winstone wrote:About time we had some more of those 'Loud Pipes Save Lives' stickers printed up. My works car was, until recently, a Vauxhall Ampera electric/petrol hybrid (not my choice) and I forever had people not looking and simply stepping out in front of me to cross the road. It got to the stage that I wanted to put strings of empty cans on the back just so that people heard me :(
totally agree with that as i have the same prob whether i,m on my push bike or in my rolls wedding car (both pretty much silent)..and such a lot of folk nowadays are either on the phone or listening to music whilst walking around lol.
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

We had an international Harley rally near Lincoln a while ago and all you could hear all weekend was them. When they rode through the built up areas of town it was deafening.
Adam_Winstone

^... pardon?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information