Well, won't be buying from Willenhall Scooters again!

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

needed a rear hub spacer washer as mine needed replacing and got a cone and washer pack from these guys on ebay, what crap. instead of being a standard metal 1mm washer its 0.2mm and feels like it's stamped from a bleedin' coke can!
Donnie.
chippy

should have gone to mb or scooter restorations ;)
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Never had a problem with their parts but yours sounds dreadful
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

E Bay,you pays your money,you takes your choice.
Donnie

chippy wrote:should have gone to mb or scooter restorations ;)
For a 60p spacer with a minimum £10 order? I don't think so.

Chris in Margate wrote:Never had a problem with their parts but yours sounds dreadful
Yep, ridiculously so.

dave411 wrote:E Bay,you pays your money,you takes your choice.
Not really, plenty of reputable people and scooter shops that sell on ebay and its great to get small parts easily that dont insist on minimum spends.
Donnie.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

The minimum spend thing is a pita but i just get a cable or oil or whatever rather than buy from an eBay dealer unless it's someone I trust
22/2

What did Willenhall say when you questioned their quality?

As any business they'll need customers to survive, you should give them a chance to make amends.

There may be a good reason.

Rich
Tony Hart
Main scooter: Lambretta S2

Bought some tools from them. They called to say there would be a delay of about five days before they could dispatch them and did I want to wait or have a refund. Can't say fairer than that. Decided to wait and tools that arrived were decent quality and up to the job. As 22/2 says, give them a chance to solve the problem or explain. (My opinion only) ;)
coaster

I have to agree with the comments re minimum orders. I would favour SR and MB etc. all the time but for the annoying minimum order thing. Yes I could order oil or cables that I don't need to bulk it up but I know (and they know) we will only forget and order the parts again when we need them anyway. Not all dealers do this, I can ALMOST understand it where it is an actual shop but not where all the trade is via email :?
Donnie

Nor do I, I certainly wouldnt be buying oil from a dealer to bulk up as it's very expensive compared to the 5 litre bottles I get from lubetech at circa £25 to my door (£5.39p per litre) whereas one litre if I got the spacer washer from MB plus a bottle of fully synth the total is just over £21!
Scooter Restorations don't have a minimum to be fair though the 50p spacer adds up to just less than a fiver with postage and vat.

As said, I don't mind ebay and am always willing to give people a chance that are selling and look like an actual business, but theres no excuse for this, its genuinely coke can territory, even the sharp edging on one side would likely feck the seal by the look of it now ive looked at it again :-(

I have to be fair emailed them through ebay to let them know my displeasure and see what they say, I never automatically leave poor feedback, I always give every ebayer 2 chances. 1 to supply me with the proper product fit for purpose and a 2nd to explain why they havent.

As it is, they havent replied yet.
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information