Carole Nash agreed valuation...

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Footman james need the valuation form counter sung by a club official or professional dealer for an agreed value over £5k and 6 photos (including under panels) rather than 4 pictures of each 'side' for any value below £5k and no dealer/official signature.
Boo

Go with Allstyles TR YOUNGS Gary is a Scooterist
Lambrettas are for life!
Daggs

Daggs wrote:A message to you all. Avoid Carole Nash like the plague. Today, following me cancelling a policy last week, I have had some contact from them that has infuriated me.
I'm not prepared to say any more right now. But I'll be going to the Ombudsman if necessary. I'll update this, as and when i can (it may be a while)
O/K here is my follow up to this:

I'm sure many of you will be insured via Carole Nash and will be happy with their service. But here's a word of warning. Never cancel a policy you have with them.

I had a policy i took out last Autumn for two new resto's I had completed with a view to selling. I always ride them for a minimum of 200 miles before sale. So I contacted Carole Nash and arranged a policy for £149.
By early May this year, both scooters had been sold. I thought it was legally wise to inform Carole Nash and did so. I asked for the policy to be cancelled.
In the booklet supplied with my insurance documents, there is a section regarding cancellation. It shows a table of potential REFUND in the event of cancellation (providing no claim had been made, none had) After 8 months the refund dropped to zero. Oh well! I thought, not to worry, I'll write off the four months unused premium.
Imagine my surprise when i got billed for £50 cancellation FEE. Not just billed, but threatened with debt recovery if I didn't pay.
I phoned Carole Nash and protested. I followed up by writing and protesting but never recieved a reply. Today i have recieved a new demand for the £50 accompanied by another threat of debt recovery.
Now, if you search through the smallprint in your Carole Nash documents, you will find mention of an 'administration fee' in the event of cancellation. This fee will be deducted from your refund. So £50 deducted from zero means I owe them £50 !!!
I'm snookered, I have to pay up or they will enforce debt recovery as they have joyfully told me.

With the wonderful benefit of hindsight. I should not have told them i had sold the scooters (even though this may well be illegal) The policy would have ended, I wouldn't have renewed, they would have been none the wiser and I would have been £50 better off.

Think carefully when seeking insurance for your machines. There are several insurers out there ....................
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Andy- I'm assuming there has been NO Court Case involving this debt?

do NOT pay up.

Before CAROL NASH are able to "enforce" debt recovery they must first get judgement against you in a Court- without Judgement, then CAROL NASH are acting illegally by threatening you in an attempt to scare you into paying up.

You should now write to the Insurance Ombudsman and inform him that CAROL NASH are acting illegally and seek his assistance in getting them to back off.

In the meantime, the rest of us should take note of what CAROL NASH are attempting to do, and on renewal simply go elsewhere.

CAROL NASH appear to be acting like a bunch of cowboys and its about time they were taught a lesson.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
kevspeed

oldbiker wrote: insurance companies are not there to help us remember that in all dealings with them DONT TRUST THEM
Typical of insurance companies in general,quick enough to take your money,but slower than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping when it comes to paying out!
Last edited by kevspeed on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daggs

Kevspeed: I don't know how that has happened by I did NOT make that quote. I would appreciate you editing that thanks.
kevspeed

Daggs wrote:Kevspeed: I don't know how that has happened by I did NOT make that quote. I would appreciate you editing that thanks.
:? , 8-)
Daggs

Thanks Kev. :)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

This is a common clause in all policies.

Whilst I'd agree with Bristol mod that all they have sent you (before court action) is a 'speculative invoice' I'd be concerned all the same since IMHO insurance companies are a cartel - and I'd be worried that they'd do something like register you as being 'refused further insurance' which could then presumably screw your chances of motor vehicle insurance in future?

Not scaremongering here - just concerned.
As for not telling an insurance company I'd sold a vehicle to avoid these unfair charges - I've done this when there was a few weeks left in the policy but after reading a few recent stories I don't think I'd take the risk!
http://www.whitedalton.co.uk/motorbike- ... insurance/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information