classic insurance multi bike

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
SpanishSX200

Russ,

It does cover European travel, but can't tell what the small print says! Just quoted me for two GP's agreed value of £10K total, £86. Saving £50 on Footman James! Happy days. I'll post when I find out the cover in Europe.
Simon
sparklymarkly
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Chris in Margate wrote:Just 10 mins ago swapped to Peter James.
Lammy with mods declared
500 motorbike.
Full recovery and unlimited mileage.
£127. And nice people.
Burnside wrote:Peter James.

I pay around £90 agreed value on a GT200 (£12k) and an API Series 2 (£2.5k) with all modifications declared. For up to £10k you just need to send in 2 recent photos, for over £10k then you need a valuation.
You guys have done really well there. I just got a quote from Peter James for my GP and it came in at £149!!
Currently on a multi-bike with CN (with XL1000 & Versys 650) & I was only looking at insuring the Lammy as a standalone policy so I could get an agreed value on it.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

Got two policies with Carole Nash, always found service good and recovery used twice in recent years in the uk was very responsive. One policy is multibike for my s type with agreed value of 10k and a standard p2 disc with a value of around £1,750. However I was away when my renewal came and they automatically renewed as I hadn't advised otherwise. Bit of a shock to find it had gone up £70 quid to £305 :roll: . Not good when the insurance on my car and also my transit had both come down in price. I've taken out a separate policy on my jet 200 with em and that was £147. Although I have the other two scoots with em, I had to start with zero no claims as they won't give me them on another policy with em..However when they rang me about car insurance when that was near renewal, they gave me a ridiculous quote about £300 more than who I am with. When I told them how far out they were, they offered me a deal with insurance , whereas they could use my no claims on my multibike policy to give mr extra discount, bearing in mind I already have maximum no claims discount, and they would promise to beat my quote by ten pounds. It's fair to say, I declined. :roll:
phil23fair
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 250 Special

I've been with Peter James for 2 years and just reinsured with them. One Li series 3, 225 TS1, one LiS Rapido 250 and one Indian GP 225 TS1 all with agreed valuations, £124 the lot. Their agreed valuations only last for two years though, so I have just had to resubmit the agreed valuation forms with a list all of the modifications and two photos for each scooter.
What I like about them (apart from the price) is that they take safety modifications like hydraulic discs, uprated suspension and tubeless rims with high speed rated tyres into account and not just the fact you have put a bigger engine in.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Just had to update my insurance with Peter James as I've now got a Watsonian Bambini fitted to the API and I've just bought an Eibar Li125, £128...this still includes the GT200 and all have agreed values.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Looking to insure my scoot after xteen years off the road: £87 for an Li150 Series 3 standard rom Peter James. Lexham quoted £254 :shock:

Thanks for the tip!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information