De restricted Vespa et2

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Rs fruitbat

Hi , I've recently bought a Vespa et2 , 50cc , today was my first ride and I've noticed that the scooter is de restricted , it will do between 45-50mph on a flat piece of road , but as soon as you come to a hill it becomes very sluggish , the more throttle you apply the more sluggish it becomes as if the carb is putting in too much fuel , roll off the throttle and the bike seems too run better , any help ,ideas into what I could do to rectify the problem , thanks kev.
col68
Main scooter: lambretta s2 li225 ts1

what main jet is it running on . my sons piaggio nrg air cooled runs on a 62 or 65 main jet in a 17.5mm carb and a arrow exhaust . 65 main jet gets alot better colour plug . engine must be much the same I would think. col
Rs fruitbat

Thanks for the reply , I'll check out the size of the jet and see what size I have .
Rs fruitbat

I've managed to have a look today and the first thing I thought was it would be a good idea to check the plug colour , the colour looked good , so my thinking was there's no real need to start messing about with the carb , but I focused my attention to the air filter .

I removed the airbox and gave it a good clean inside and I also cleaned the foam air filter with compressed air , I re-oiled the filter and sprayed a little bit of carb cleaner through the carb while the bike was on half throttle , I then went out for a spin and all seems well , no booging on throttle up hill , still not rapid but performing as a 50 should .

Does anyone have any experience of running a 70cc kit , is there any noticeable power / torque gains ?
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

yep the polini is great and can be really easily modified to give excellent power. for the price of a pipe (£100ish) kit (£100ish) and a few lightened rollers (£20 tops)
and a few hours fettling you can have these motors running rings around p200s.
i'v got one :D its great fun!
plus better tyres/sizes/tubeless decent suspension and good brakes as standard.
i had to cut mine up a bit and f@@k around to make it look good tho...
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

What speeds will an et2 give with a 70 kit on it?
Rs fruitbat

tony172 wrote:yep the polini is great and can be really easily modified to give excellent power. for the price of a pipe (£100ish) kit (£100ish) and a few lightened rollers (£20 tops)
and a few hours fettling you can have these motors running rings around p200s.
i'v got one :D its great fun!
plus better tyres/sizes/tubeless decent suspension and good brakes as standard.
i had to cut mine up a bit and f@@k around to make it look good tho...
That sounds really interesting , do you have any info on what roller weights you used ? Also by fettling do you mean carb tuning ,trying different jets ect , do you have any pics of your scooter ?
Rs fruitbat

wrecklessrobbie wrote:What speeds will an et2 give with a 70 kit on it?
I get 50mph on the flat with my de restricted Vespa , from what I've read up on, the 70cc kit provides more ommph up hills which is the area where I need to improve my scooter .
shocky

wrecklessrobbie wrote:What speeds will an et2 give with a 70 kit on it?
Typically about 14 hp quoted but my sons only prodiced 11.50 ish at the rear wheel but your looking at 12000 rpm
tgas pipe standard up jetted carb stg6 filter 6g rollers cost was about 260 ish euros when rate was about 110 a true70mph but tbh it felt like it was going to explode :D comfy at a genuine 55 to 60 on sat nav
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

Theres alsu up to 93cc kits running 34 mm carbs there 23 plus bhp
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information