Conti tyres

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Anybody used or are using conti move 365 tyres? I am using conti twists at the moment not happy with them in the wet.
Livi- Graeme
Main scooter: Lambretta li 185 series 2

I've just fitted them to mine. So far so good.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Same here just fitted them to my winter model bit chunky looking but all good so far wet and dry weather
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Livi- Graeme
Main scooter: Lambretta li 185 series 2

By the looks of the weather for my trip to scarbourgh from scotland I will be able to give a thumbs up or a thumbs down next Monday
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Agree re the twists in damp or wet, don't know if they've changed but not a fan , very skitty.
Have the 365's on mine , feel a bit weird to be honest , can't put my finger on it , have been on semi slicks for years , so maybe not used to the chunky tread ?
Bufficus

I fitted some 365s to my Touring bike in readiness for the C2C. Done about 100 miles on them so far. I like them.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

From LCGB forum ....
corrado wrote:Wellerchap has been using the Michelin City grip for over a year and has done over 6,000 miles on them, he's been rotating them to get even wear out of them. He thinks they're great but they're just about ready for a change so I've given him a set of Conti Move to see how they compare. He rides a scooter virtually 365 days a year so he's the perfect test rider. I'll ask him to post [assuming he's paid his membership].
Yes - the Michelin City Grip tyres have been superb - fitted last Winter, and done (approx) 6000 miles - rotated frequently to even out wear...they're fitted to a ermm non-Lambretta type scooter, which I use in crappy weather....Stripey George is given the freedom of the fine weather these days, so is a bit pampered. We didn't have too much REALLY cold stuff last year, so not too much by way of icy stuff to put the tyres through.
As Corrado says, I now have the ContiMove365's fitted - side walls are very firm & give great confidence for any upcoming sudden deflations...they've been on for a week now, about 200 miles for me, and the last couple of days of crappy stuff have been no issue at all - the cornering feels very assured - I'm really happy & impressed by them, infact, I'd go as far to say they're a major contribution to road safety!
That was posted in December and 3 months later he's not changed his mind, he loves them.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

I had CONTI 365 MOVE on for MODRA & the c2c last year they were awful, took them off they showed no sign of wear whatsoever, over 1000 miles on them. Hard as fook
Last edited by jonashford on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mickingle
Main scooter: vespa px125

I'm in to my 2nd week with mine, weather has been as bad as it can be, and ive felt pretty confident throughout. Im more than happy with mine, would recommend to anyone
coaster

Ref the negative reports on the Twists, no mention is made of the type? I have used Conti Twist Sports in the past and found then an equal to the Scwhalbe Raceman. Did the C2C with one on the back a couple of years ago with no slippy slidding at all. Dunlop ScootSmart on at the moment which is also excellent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information