Italian GP150 1971

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Can anybody offer any advice on the Lambretta GP150. I have been looking for an Italian Series 3 Li150 (preferably with upgraded engine) and have come across an Innocenti original UK 1971 GP150 with a 175cc upgrade, AF Fresco exhaust, MB 25mm Dellorto carb and Sebac shocks. Its done just under 12,000 miles. Not sure if it has any service history but is LCGB validated, registered and full MOT. I'm tempted but don't know too much about this particular model. If it were Indian made I would not be interested but the fact it is Italian makes it better proposition? Its up for £3,300. The Li's seem to be few and far between for this kind of money.
ArmandTanzarian

The mileage and service history are completely irrelevant. If the engine hasn't been totally rebuilt several times then I'd be amazed. Its over 40 years old for goodness sake! The price seems a little bit high but not insane. Italian GPs are harder to find these days. Your best bet is find someone who does know a lot about Lambrettas and get them to come along with you to view it.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Stokie

I've got a genuine Innocenti 1971 GP150 - the last year of Italian production.
I'd have no hesitation buying it if you like it and it all stacks up to be a decent machine.
I'd have thought you could find a Li for that kinda money easy enough though?
Muttley McLadd

It sounds ideal, and far better than any of the ones with of the 'new' 200 engines.

Take it.
CakeAndArseParty
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Nowt wrong with Indian scooters if they have been restored over here..
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Timbo wrote:Nowt wrong with Indian scooters if they have been restored over here..
I'd say that depends on who by...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

rosscla wrote:
Timbo wrote:Nowt wrong with Indian scooters if they have been restored over here..
I'd say that depends on who by...
much the same as whose restored the Italian ones........
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information