Gearing change

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
kevspeed

Totally out of my area,this one,but here goes.........................
I am considering an auto conversion on a Lambretta,i want to keep the wheels at 10'',the engine I have has 12" wheels!
How can I convert the gearing so that the ratio's are the same with the 10" wheel fitted as they are now with the 12" wheel??
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

Auto's usually have a reduction gear set-up on the rear axle so you could change these but I would imagine that you'd need to have them made rather than being able to buy them off the self.
Did you have to do that?
shocky

http://beedspeed.com/gear-kits-c-74_227_252.html
what engine are you using im guessing its not the typhoon 125 as that had 10 inch wheels are you goingto kit it if its a 125 my dragster was a 125 with a 180 upgear kit fitted I dont know if the 180 upgear kits are the same ratios as a standard 180
again I dont know if a typoon 125 with 10 inch wheels at 70 mph with have the same rpm as say a dragster with 12 inch wheels at 70 not much help but hopefully some food for thought
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
kevspeed

The engine is from a 'Direct bikes' 125cc 4 stroke,so no real information!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information