Atomisers

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I can never remember which way around it goes. So, the 5899 atomiser as fitted to the SH carbs. On a scale of 1 - 5, which is richer?
steve c

I was told 1,
Doom Patrol

Hmmm...... I wonder what they would have used that in? Just discovered I've got one. No pun intended. :)

So, the larger holes in the number 4 atomiser would presumably be to weaken the mixture?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

That's certainly the way it appears with the mixer tubes in the SI carbs. More / bigger holes = leaner
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
shocky

I am under the impression that 1 is rich 5 is weak if youthink about were the atomiser is and were air gets fed from into those top holes it comes from the bottom brass venturi on the front of the carb so the more air that flows through those holes either becouse the holes are bigger or there are more holes the weaker the mixture but this may be able to be compansated with a larger mainjet but what effect this wil have through the range I dont know
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Doom Patrol

That's a good explanation Steve. I imagine then that you could weaken or rich the mixture in the middle range with the top of the range being governed by the main jet? Probably more use on mid sized engines. With a 200 you wouldn't seem to have that much lee-way.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Some good info about carb in general and atomisers in this thread -

http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33015
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information