TS1 carb recommendations

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bren
Main scooter: Lambretta S-Type 225

Anyone have a recommendation for a carb for the for the following engine. TS1 225, touring tuned, with BGM (mb) clubman.

Have run a 30mm PHBH for a couple of years on this engine, with various exhausts. Never been able to get rid of a rich spot at 4 to 5 rpm (3/4 throttle) so want a change of carb.

I was thinking Mikuni TMX 35mm, but opinions on other options would be most welcome?

Bren
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

TMX 35mm and a Franspeed race pipe would be my or rather is my spec.
BGM will really limit your power out of a TS1.

G.
coaster

I have a touring tune on my TS1 and run it with a 30mm BGM PWK and an Ancilotti and it's an absolute peach to ride, no flat spots, just pulls cleanly through the gears and is happy just burbling round town as well. BUT, it runs into a wall at about 65mph. It has 4.6 gearing but I don't think that's the issue as it doesn't rev out in lower gears either. Most likely it's the exhaust which I will most likely change to a BGM in the near future.
Bren

Thanks fellas, I was thinking of a smaller Mikuni, maybe a 24mm but don't want to totally kill it!
Jazzy

Have you thought of trying a power jet.
Bren

Running a power jet on the phbh that's on it now...
Jazzy

Have you done your own setting up or has it been dynoed.
Bren

Been dynode at two different places. Still have the rich spot! Tried different exhausts but I have never changed the carb, so thought I would give that a whirl...
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

If it is running rich at 3/4 throttle, then perhaps you need to remove the power jet.

Sorry if that sounds a bit negative, but the power jet should be set to compensate for an undersized main jet and clean-up the jetting. If it is rich, then the combination of main jet and power jet is clearly too much.

Good luck Bren.
Martin
Bren

Couldn't get rid of the rich spot before the power jet was fitted Martin!..Power jet improved it slightly, but still not smooth enough. Haven't tried it with the BGM clubman exhaust yet but I am guessing it will be the same. Have run it with Franspeed tour, Ron Moss clubman, and Devtour...

I will sort it but good to get opinions :)

Glad that you made it back to Blighty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information