FOXHAT 260's

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
User avatar
Adspeed
registered user
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 pm
Contact:

Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Well its been ages since the announcement of the FOXHAT engine building service. Big 260 RB's TS's Monzas etc etc.

So there must be a couple out there by now, surely theres a dyno sheet available for a butchers?

I'm sure they're the bizzo and no doubt many happy customers are bombing about on them. Already heard some whispers of fast engines but not seen one go yet. I know Martin @ Chisels says he has offered them a free dyno session to see what they are up too, but so far the boys have declined. Which is a shame cos I know that particular dyno well.

So anybody got anything, Dan have you dynoed one yet pal?? Gotta see what we're up against if we come out in York on a Wednesday night!! :D

Pls no 'my mate clocked me at' or 'its f%$kin fast' just wanted to see their power and torque curves out of interest for my own engine builds :D

User avatar
Adspeed
registered user
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Anybody?? They were raved about 6 months ago on this forum?? :?

User avatar
sean brady scooters
registered user
Posts: 2381
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:09 pm
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Contact:

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 pm

steady on there ADSPEED...........chill out and be patient....................
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698

User avatar
corrado
Dealer
Posts: 3209
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 am
Main scooter: Lambretta GP
Location: Top of Blackpool Tower
Contact:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:09 am

I've seen their RB barrel close up, quality workmanship. If I was 'Red' I'd be knocking on their door with my fecked RB barrel.

User avatar
Adspeed
registered user
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 pm
Contact:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:57 pm

sean brady scooters wrote:steady on there ADSPEED...........chill out and be patient....................
To say there the mutts nuts they've been very quiet themselves and anybody buying one and if I were offering an engine building service as they are the first thing I'd doo is get some dyno graphs out to the masses to show them what they're capable of..........Just wanna see what they're gettin out of em thats all. :?

I'm not over bothered but after Dans write up and regular references to the monster Foxhat engines and all that........so lets see one hey :frog:
Last edited by Adspeed on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
drunkmunkey6969
Moderator
Posts: 4247
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm
ebay user ID: sc00terotica
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 pm

I don't think publishing dyno graphs on here is FOXHATs main concern..... :lol: :lol: ....they have enough testing data to produce the engines that their customers want, and as they have a cracking reputation they are flat out doing just that.

Anyone that owns, has ridden, or has seen their work is always impressed.........which speaks volumes in itself.

However......just for you Ads, i spoke to Art today and asked if he could either ride one of his machines over to us or send one of his customers over to us some time, so that we can dyno the machine and float a graph online......but which to choose?? A 240 touring tune, a 260 high speed monster or one of their ethanol drinking rip-snorters.......each will produce a different graph, and each tune they do is different because its adjusted and built according to the customers needs and wants. Twenty stone guy that wants torque? solo rider for top speed? 1/4 mile sprinter?

However....as i say....if they have time to bring me a scooter, or can send over an existing customer, we will endevour to get a sample graph just for you Ads.

CT.
registered user
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:58 pm
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 pm

I for one would like to know a little more about or see a graph for the 260 high speed monster :baddevil: Just to see what can be done.

The ehtanol rip snort quaffer, although still very interesting in itself, would not be relevant when making comparison to road going RB's which is what most are.

:)

User avatar
Adspeed
registered user
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:46 pm
Contact:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:39 pm

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:I don't think publishing dyno graphs on here is FOXHATs main concern..... :lol: :lol: ....they have enough testing data to produce the engines that their customers want, and as they have a cracking reputation they are flat out doing just that.

Anyone that owns, has ridden, or has seen their work is always impressed.........which speaks volumes in itself.

However......just for you Ads, i spoke to Art today and asked if he could either ride one of his machines over to us or send one of his customers over to us some time, so that we can dyno the machine and float a graph online......but which to choose?? A 240 touring tune, a 260 high speed monster or one of their ethanol drinking rip-snorters.......each will produce a different graph, and each tune they do is different because its adjusted and built according to the customers needs and wants. Twenty stone guy that wants torque? solo rider for top speed? 1/4 mile sprinter?

However....as i say....if they have time to bring me a scooter, or can send over an existing customer, we will endevour to get a sample graph just for you Ads.
It ain't just for me Dan for f$£ks sake, your the one biggin them up with a load of pictures of components. Its like me saying we're top electricians so I show the customer a couple of double sockets and a light from the back of the van......

As I said no tittle tattle like the rest of this forum lets let the figures do the talking hey!! People are interested and it won't do there business any harm as the season takes shape. We all want a bit of extra business with the crunch happening hey......

How about a 260cc RB touring thumper motor thats what a lot of people have been wanting lately!! They must have done one of those thats what long strokers are all about!!

User avatar
drunkmunkey6969
Moderator
Posts: 4247
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm
ebay user ID: sc00terotica
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:15 pm

Adspeed wrote:Its like me saying we're top electricians so I show the customer a couple of double sockets and a light from the back of the van......
What sort of socket? Twin switch 5-amp? You devil you......

Go crazy with a 100w bulb before they're outlawed......rebel.

Ian Hepworth

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 pm

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
Go crazy with a 100w bulb before they're outlawed......rebel.
LOL, my old man went out and bought about 30 of them.

To get back on topic, I'm with Adspeed - either a couple of dyno graphs or a GPS speed reading please.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests